New Screw and PSI ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i usually start out at 20psi and if i feel like the sand is too soft, will drop to 15. if you are at 15 be careful cause you might take out a fenderliner if you decide to get a little wild

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Went in to the dealership this weekend for a recall on my 2017 XLT and drove away in a new Raptor screw! Heading out next week to the beach to trip around the dunes. I would normally drop the psi on the XLT to 25, but would i still need to do that with a Raptor? Thanks for any feedback!

View attachment 125857

I was in OBX Memorial Day, I took the Rap on to the beach; I dropped psi to about 20 and the only issue I had was the time airing down and up. A few FRF on here reported they were fine not airing down.

Pics. or it never happened.
raptorprivilege.jpg

RodGod87

Reaction score
I have been down on OBX a handful of times in my 2018. I've even cut loose up in Corolla/Corova in the dunes and through all the trails. I get best results in 4 auto w/ out airing down. 4 auto lets the front end do what it was designed for. Give it a try next time your in the sand.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always air down but we have some really soft sugar sand in New Jersey and the last thing I ever want Is for my friends to be taking pictures of me digging out my Raptor cause I got stuck.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I always air down but we have some really soft sugar sand in New Jersey and the last thing I ever want Is for my friends to be taking pictures of me digging out my Raptor cause I got stuck.

yeah, there’s no living that one down.