new Rotors and pads R1's vs Stage3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ittybittyfds

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Gilligan

Reaction score
From what I was able to gather r1 owns centric and also uses their premium rotors. If what I read on a few forums is true stop tech and powerstop also use centric rotors but of varying quality. I would either go r1 or stop tech, it looks like the powerstops use the centric standard rotors without the protective e coating..

like I said though I gathered that info from forums so it could very well be worth what you paid for it.

sandtrooper29

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think 806 Desert Customs sell those. If so they will know how they perform. @sandtrooper29

Yes we have sold r1 but to be honest we have sold more rotors/pads from brake performance. I have the drilled and slotted with there performance pads and have not complaints.

They offer great warranty

Performance Cross-Drilled & Slotted Brake Rotors
Lifetime Warranty Against Materials and Workmanship Defects.
Lifetime Warranty Against Warping and Cracking. Unlimited mileage.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the main differences between the two sets of rotors. The R1 Premium drilled and slotted rotors that I recommend are G3500 rated carbon metallic material, double drilled and slotted to provide two rows of drilled holes between each set of slots (with the slotting being an exclusive "diamond slot" design that helps to improve pad bite and longevity at the same time), the drilled holes are beveled to eliminate the risk of cracking from sharp edges on the holes, come standard with a military grade black electrocoat for corrosion resistance (although I can have them custom coated to fully cover the rotor so that when installed and fully bedded in, the E-coating also covers the areas inside the holes, slots, internal veins, etc for better corrosion protection for those that wish to have it). They also offer a limited lifetime warranty for defect protection. So if they crack at anytime, you get them replaced for free.

The Stop Tech rotors mentioned are equal to the R1 Eline series rotors. They are G3000 rated cast iron, offer a single row of drilled holes between each set of slots, they do have a coating, but it is a basic zync coating that will not hold up as well over time as the black electrocoating. They offer a 1 year limited warranty against defect.

The stop tech rotors (same as centric) are good options, they just won't put up with the same abuse and will not last as long as the R1 premium rotors, especially on heavier trucks like ours. I have tested the package I offer, extensively on everything from 1/2, 3/4 and 1 ton gas and diesel pickups, hauling ridiculously heavy loads of farm goods, much more than any Raptor will ever see, through the mountains of NC and VA and never had a failure or premature excessive wear. I also have one Raptor customer that, after installing the package I recommend, ran his Raptor through two Baja 1000's and countless other Raptor runs and family weekends hauling his other toys around, over a three year period and after three years on the truck he replaced the pads and kept going on the same rotors.

You can check out my listings below and let me know if you have any further questions. I run different sales all the time, some are better than others, but I always offer an FRF 10% discount off of the list pricing.

https://raptor-svt.freedommotorsports.us/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1126_1128_1370

Gilligan

Reaction score
I think stoptech does make rotors with the black e coating instead of zync, and with the 2sets of holes between slots instead of a single row. I can't find anything on if they're g3000 or g3500 so that could be where r1 has the biggest advantage

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think stoptech does make rotors with the black e coating instead of zync, and with the 2sets of holes between slots instead of a single row. I can't find anything on if they're g3000 or g3500 so that could be where r1 has the biggest advantage

The stop tech rotors are G3000 grade cast iron instead of the G3500 grade carbon metallic castings from R1. The black coating from Stop Tech is the same type of black zinc coating that is used on the R1 Black Eline series rotors. Premier rotors have better air flow because they are built with a 50/50 center split vane structure design for more efficient air distribution to reduce the chance of heat spots or cracking.