New Roll-X(REVOLVERX2) Release Date 5/11

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I promised that I would let you know the firm release date for the new Roll-X now known as the RevolverX2. The OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE IS 5/11! I have been authorized to start accepting pre-orders as of today for shipment on 5/11. MAP price will stay the same ad the Roll-X at $899. Our FRF Forum Member price will be lower. :rocking:

Please call or chat me up for more details www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com 800 653-7089 ext. 704

The improvements to the RevolverX2 are listed below:

1) Larger 3/4" Locking Rails

a. Roll-X is 3/8” vs. Revolver X2 is 3/4" - Now Double the size for trouble free locking and superior off highway performance

b. Patented locking rail mechanically secures the cover the full length of bed (No Velcro!)

2) New Heavy Duty Locking Levers

a. Gussets reinforce the locking lever combined with thicker material used for added strength and to ensure latching every time.

3) Tail Panel Extrusion is made from 1 piece that Integrates Slam Latch mounting

a. Adds strength and provide consistent manufacturing placement of the latch on all systems.

4) New Mounting Plates

a. Plates are now formed to position bundle at the proper height without the need of shims

b. Plates now have a vertical standoff at bulkhead side for properly aligning the rails. Simply push the rail all the way forward until the rail bottoms out at the bulkhead (remove bumper if vehicle has a drop in liner). Consistent install method to BAKFlip now.

5) New Buckle Straps

a. Strap is now mounted to a mounting clamp on lower part of rail to remove rivets from the rail channel which caused a “bump” towards cab on the cover on certain applications

b. Buckle ends act as bumper at front of cover to prevent the bundle from shifting forward and touching the glass

6) Angle Shims and Spacer Shims now all pre-installed at the factory

a. No more guess work on what shims you need and where to place them. These will be pre-installed at the factory on all applications for an easy, hassle free and quick install.

7) Hassle Free Latching

a. Proper geometry has been designed into the locking rails. If the cover fits between the rails the cover will latch…period. Prior model required the rails to be perfectly level to ensure the cover would not bind.

D

Deleted member 12951

They did no improvements on blocking the pull cord to release the cover. So it still looks like you could take a screw driver to push down on the cord to gain access even with the tailgate locked. How hard would it of been for BAK to fix this issue with this new release, sorry but shaking my head in disbelief.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll probably epoxy a piece of plastic or a strip of aluminum on there to stop the screwdriver from hitting the cord. Not a big deal, but agree that BAK should have addressed this issue with the new design.

D

Deleted member 12951

I'll probably epoxy a piece of plastic or a strip of aluminum on there to stop the screwdriver from hitting the cord. Not a big deal, but agree that BAK should have addressed this issue with the new design.

Yep, that's how you fix it. It's such an easy fix that's I why I am surprised. Don't get me wrong, I like my Roll-X and haven't seen anything else out there that is better for the bed cage that I have. Will be interested to listen to others that purchased this new one on their reviews. Who knows, I might just upgrade. :)