NEW RELEASE! Plug N Play Wire Harness System, Modules, Tail Light Adapters & Backlight Modules

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to a single pole DT connector kit for $15 each. Like I said. they cost more than the 2 socket ones.

Followed by a set of the WP singles that we use on our harnesses for the switch ends.

Both work great... One is priced too high for using multiple connectors...

John

View attachment 167848

View attachment 167843

OK, it's making sense now. That's a DTHD connector. Rated for 25 amps in the smallest contact size 12-14AWG, which I suspect is what you would use. Can be used for up to 100 amp connections and 4 AWG cable! A 2-pin DT connector rated for 13 amps with one side sealed with a sealing plug would be a better fit for most of our applications, and much more economical. But in any event, I understand why you went with Weatherpack connectors. Deutsch are definitely expensive.

Last edited:

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a WP fan! Anybody who's ever crimped WP and DT knows how much easier WP is. And they are a solid connection if you insert the plugs properly. The trick is to just pull back a bit on the wire. It'll straighten the pins as you insert the plugs into each other.

DT are a pain in the heck to crimp. Fail more often then WP when crimping due to the TINY little barrel edge that holds it in. And the inserts are a pain to use that are designed as a method of securing the pin as well.

WP just work so much easier. I've never had moisture issues with WP issues.
I use this crimper for Deutsch solid contacts and have never experienced those issues. It's a middle of the road model. WP connectors may work just fine for your application. Nothing wrong with that. But Deutsch solid contacts, in my experience, literally could not be easier to crimp. There's no issue with crimping Deutsch contacts in general.

OP
OP
Specialtyperformanceparts

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I use this crimper for Deutsch solid contacts and have never experienced those issues. It's a middle of the road model. WP connectors may work just fine for your application. Nothing wrong with that. But Deutsch solid contacts, in my experience, literally could not be easier to crimp. There's no issue with crimping Deutsch contacts in general.

it kind of is a different topic, lol, as the point of this was a plug n play harness, but... since we’re here. I agree with you on crimping DT connectors. The solid barrel is simple, quick and has no issues slipping out as suggested earlier.... UNLESS the barrel size vs the wire size is TOO big. There are different range barrel sizes for different gauge wires. For example. 14-16 gauge barrel and 18-22 gauge (I’d have to look at the chart again...) either way, if you put 18 gauge wire in a 14 gauge barrel and crimp it. It will not be tight and it will pull out. So buying just the bigger capacity barrel pins isn’t the best idea. That’s the only way I’ve ever seen an issue.

fftfk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it kind of is a different topic, lol, as the point of this was a plug n play harness, but... since we’re here. I agree with you on crimping DT connectors. The solid barrel is simple, quick and has no issues slipping out as suggested earlier.... UNLESS the barrel size vs the wire size is TOO big. There are different range barrel sizes for different gauge wires. For example. 14-16 gauge barrel and 18-22 gauge (I’d have to look at the chart again...) either way, if you put 18 gauge wire in a 14 gauge barrel and crimp it. It will not be tight and it will pull out. So buying just the bigger capacity barrel pins isn’t the best idea. That’s the only way I’ve ever seen an issue.

Continuing the crimping topic...how do your wire harnesses connect to the factory wires? The biggest issue I've had is with getting a solid crimp connection between the supplied wiring harnesses and the factory 22 gauge wire. It usually takes about 4-5 attempts before I have a crimp that is solid enough to hold onto the tiny factory wires.

And don't even get me started on BD vampire clips...

Overall looks like a good product for people who aren't adapt at making their own harnesses.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fftfk. Do not crimp the tiny factory wires. Simply solder a length of heavier wire, like 14 gauge, to each aux/pass through wire.

Here’s one way:
- take an aux wire and a 14 gauge extension wire and put them together like straws.
- strip an inch or so from each wire
- twist the ends of the wires together
- solder the twisted ends together.
- let cool.
- bend the 14 gauge wire in a “U” so it extends the tiny aux wire
- put waterproof shrink wrap over the finished solder joint.
- the twisting, soldering, bending and shrink wrap add strain relief and strength to the splice. Should outlast the vehicle.
- now you can add your connector of choice to the heavier extension wire

This is way easier to do than to explain. Ask questions if not clear.

I recommend that you get Tony Candella’s books on automotive wiring.