NEW RELEASE! Plug N Play Wire Harness System, Modules, Tail Light Adapters & Backlight Modules

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We are pretty excited to introduce our new custom wire harness system. When I say system, I mean just that. This is unlike anything you have seen before. In fact, it is so unique, we filed for a patent.

So what is so unique? Well in short... the days where you had to cut, splice and make your generic wire harnesses work for your application are over. The best way to describe the system is like a box of Legos. Or an erector set. You pick out your main components, and you can BUILD upon them. You don't need to splice into them or cut into them. You simply plug in other components, splitters, adapters, Extensions, etc. They all plug in with weatherproof connections.

But here is the video to show you how!!

Visit us at spvparts.com

John

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some of these options are pretty interesting. I particulary like the wiring for reverse lights. Looked for these on your site, but didn't see them. How will they priced? Will they be bundled for specific purposes or will you just piece together the parts you want for the specific task?

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Some of these options are pretty interesting. I particulary like the wiring for reverse lights. Looked for these on your site, but didn't see them. How will they priced? Will they be bundled for specific purposes or will you just piece together the parts you want for the specific task?
They are on there. In the wire Harness Sections.

They should be priced pretty aggressively. We wanted to come up with a universal system such as this, but it had to be cost effective. Otherwise, no one would see the added value. As you can see, the pricing harness wise, is less than the retail price of virtually any light harness manufacturer's generic harness.

The main harnesses that you need are sold individually. You can select the connector styles you need for your light types when you get it. The other add on modules, splitters, etc you just add as you need them to customize your set up.

Here is a link-

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dang. Not sure how I missed that. Will definitely keep these in mind. Probably going to put a rear bumper with lights on a F150 in the next couple months, and that reverse harness will make things a lot easier.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice system for perhaps someone new to wiring.

I might be the only one but I facking hate weatherpack connectors. They’re HUGE, feel cheap and loose like a prosti, and are a pain in the nuts to connect in tight areas.

DT connectors are amazing on the other hand - the way connectors should work. Solid connection and watertight like a seal’s ass.

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nice system for perhaps someone new to wiring.

I might be the only one but I facking hate weatherpack connectors. They’re HUGE, feel cheap and loose like a prosti, and are a pain in the nuts to connect in tight areas.

DT connectors are amazing on the other hand - the way connectors should work. Solid connection and watertight like a seal’s ass.

I agree that DT connectors are smoother in general. I would have loved to use those instead. I looked into them initially, but there are some trade offs both ways.
They both have a weathertight seal and are solid. So once you configure the harness the way you want it, you're set and you shouldn't ever need to worry about it.
All things being equal, I would have used DT connectors. However, in pricing, they aren't equal unfortunately at all. DT connecters can be up to 10X more expensive, which would make such a system so much higher in price that it loses the attractiveness of a cost effective completely plug n play system. Where WP connectors in bulk might be $0.30 each for a generic. DT connectors in bulk for a 3 way are around $3.00 each (With Plugs). Take that times 6 for the ends of a triple fog harness, and add a bag of matching for 6 lights to every kit in case you get a set of lights without them, and your harness on one end has $3.60 with WP vs $36.00 with DT 3 ways.. and that's on one end only. So you can already see how a $70 harness could be $120.. (and that's just material, not assembled, not counting the pins that are inserted, etc).

Another issue is, there isn't an effective SINGLE pole DT connector. I did find one, but it is 3x higher than a 2 port DT connector! and really hard to source. So that makes the different integrations of single backlight splitters, etc virtually impossible. Other connectors used are Molex. Those are very expensive, but they integrate into the vehicles factory wiring.

Now, that being said, we patent pended any connector used in the system. It isn't the connector that is unique. It's how they all go together. If something changes in the future and we decide to go with a DT or new style connector, that's a possibility. We just wanted a completely universal system for all applications with a competitive price point.

All in all, with testing, I think these are the right connectors at this time, unless something changes. I am extremely happy with the results and I can say, no one should have the slightest of issues with this system. I can say that the feedback we have gotten has been incredible!

John

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to echo, I also prefer Deutsch to WP, and I also completely get why you used WP for a consumer product like this. I'd be willing to pay for the DT connectors, but I know that might kill the product for most people. I recently just bit the bullet, bought all the crimpers, and now I'm Team Deutsch for life.

P.S. What single contact DT connector are you talking about???