New Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just came across this recall today. Any idea what it means? Any way I could tie this into my steering wheel controls still not working after being replaced?
  • FSA Title: SYNC WITH MYFORD MYLINCOLN TOUCH WARRANTY EXTENSION COVERING ACCESSORY PROTOCOL INTERFACE MODULE APIM
  • Field Service Action Number: 12M02

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your APIM controls your sync system, ie Bluetooth, hands free etc. so yeah it can effect your steering wheel controls. for my truck it's causing the screen to black out randomly and the Bluetooth wont connect to my phone to stream music (yet i get phone calls no problem). i asked the dealer today about it on my truck and because my raptor is a 13 built in july of that year i have no warranty now. so i'm SOL.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yours doesn't fall under it but mine does?

Apparently the extended warranty is from date of build plus 5 years. So my 13 raptor was built july 31st, so the warranty ended july 2018 lol. Oh well, turns out the new sync 3.10 cured all of my sync 2s problems... for now lol.

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently the extended warranty is from date of build plus 5 years. So my 13 raptor was built july 31st, so the warranty ended july 2018 lol. Oh well, turns out the new sync 3.10 cured all of my sync 2s problems... for now lol.
I've never heard of warranty starting on date of build. It was always on original owner date of purchase.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@squeak yeah it's weird, granted this is the same dealer that tried to tell me last week that the 6R80 transmission recall couldn't be done on my truck because the 6.2 wasnt listed as available for update. They needed the transmission tech to tell them engine size doesnt matter. So I'll be going to another dealer for a second opinion lol.

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@squeak yeah it's weird, granted this is the same dealer that tried to tell me last week that the 6R80 transmission recall couldn't be done on my truck because the 6.2 wasnt listed as available for update. They needed the transmission tech to tell them engine size doesnt matter. So I'll be going to another dealer for a second opinion lol.
Good idea

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tx State

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just tired of my steering wheel controls not working lol