New Rear Suspension Set Up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I got a peek at ICONS new Jobber price sheet at MSRP on the shocks is $3675.00 a pair. Hmmm I think I'll go in a different direction, I can get a set of 4.4" bypass shocks for $325.00 more - just saying!

Where and how are you going to mount them though.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Is that just the price of the two shocks?

My understanding, yes.

OP
OP
B

BRONCOBOY1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where and how are you going to mount them though.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

My understanding, yes.

Price is for a pair and my reference to the 4.4 shocks is just for pricing only. Been enjoying off road for a long time and always a tinker (just finished a cantilever set up on a PreRunner Ford Explorer that pulls 17.5" could have got more but the damn door got in the way for our up travel). We have roughly $300 in materials, $90.00 at the Water jet cutter, $300 in beer and a ton of nights getting it set up.
Raptor owners pay dearly because were to prissy to get dirty and figure out our own stuff. I don't mean that in a bad way My Raptor turned me prissy to, I look at it differently because I really don't want to screw up its on road manners.
So I think I may set up my own cantilever because we cut two sets of linkage and mounts while we were at it. Just waiting to get a little more feed back from the cantilever guys and towing and road manners. This seamed like a better choice and I liked the whole idea but I choked on the price, once again I'm a old school off roader and like getting dirty. There is a price to pay for the convenience of bolt on.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Price is for a pair and my reference to the 4.4 shocks is just for pricing only. Been enjoying off road for a long time and always a tinker (just finished a cantilever set up on a PreRunner Ford Explorer that pulls 17.5" could have got more but the damn door got in the way for our up travel). We have roughly $300 in materials, $90.00 at the Water jet cutter, $300 in beer and a ton of nights getting it set up.
Raptor owners pay dearly because were to prissy to get dirty and figure out our own stuff. I don't mean that in a bad way My Raptor turned me prissy to, I look at it differently because I really don't want to screw up its on road manners.
So I think I may set up my own cantilever because we cut two sets of linkage and mounts while we were at it. Just waiting to get a little more feed back from the cantilever guys and towing and road manners. This seamed like a better choice and I liked the whole idea but I choked on the price, once again I'm a old school off roader and like getting dirty. There is a price to pay for the convenience of bolt on.

That's my point really, this setup is really for those that want increased performance without cantilever, which I don't want, or holes in the bed, which I also don't want. It's a stock location solution.