NEW RAPTOR WAVE to contend with the Jeep wave.

Should this new wave be adopted?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocsteady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to think about it for a minute. I used to get a lot of attention driving a Oxford white 2017 Shelby GT350, or rather, the Shelby got a lot of attention and I loved that; used to always give at least a good nod and goose the throttle to share the joy of that exhaust sound. Not as much attention in the Raptor and it's a stock exhaust, so that's out but I do find myself just giving a little nod to fellow Raptor owners when we cross paths on the road. "Hand signals" widely known as obscene won't become my acknowledgement of choice though.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I had to think about it for a minute. I used to get a lot of attention driving a Oxford white 2017 Shelby GT350, or rather, the Shelby got a lot of attention and I loved that; used to always give at least a good nod and goose the throttle to share the joy of that exhaust sound. Not as much attention in the Raptor and it's a stock exhaust, so that's out but I do find myself just giving a little nod to fellow Raptor owners when we cross paths on the road. "Hand signals" widely known as obscene won't become my acknowledgement of choice though.

Me neither, might accidentally **** someone off and get shot.

Pokahpolice

Reaction score
I own a Jeep and never understood the wave. Not that I care that much, I even wave back but it's just strange. Do you know how many jeeps are out there? It's not really a small community. I see 5-10 every day and I live in Maine where the population is fairly low. It's similar to being out on my boat, everyone waves. Great, you have a boat. Did you expect anything else floating on the water?

But...as strange as it is, I'd rather wave and be friendly to my neighbors than anything else.

Geoffmp

Reaction score
Just got my Raptor at the end of March and few other Raptors in my area flash our auxiliary lights when we see each other as a sort of wave. Not sure if anyone else is doing this?

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We also own a wrangler... I like the Jeep wave. I’d say an overwhelming majority of Jeep drivers in the area wave back. I started waving to other raptors around town the day I drove off the lot (early October). I have yet to notice a wave back with the exception of one of my co-workers.