New Raptor spy shots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
-I pretend exhaust note is more important than actual engine performance
-I financed a decade old truck for 60 months
-I believe all Gen 2 owners troll Starbucks and malls
-The phrase "cam phasers" can be found in >50% of my replies
-I claim ecoboost engines aren't reliable enough for myself because I need something durable because I'm an avid off-roader
-I've never actually shared an off-road video or photo of myself
-I'm more likely to hit "like" when I see a photo of someone who swapped their red steering wheel stripe for a grey one than I am of someone who posts an off-road video/photo

Who am I?

Uhhh....., Truckasaurus/Sasquatch77??? Pretty sure he/she was finally banned for life....

GunMonkeyINTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because they aren’t making V8s much are they? Damn you fanboys are dumb. I’ll put it Simply & bluntly again- if ford thought their V8s were the bees kneesA if they thought they could go toe to toe w/ the direct competition, if they thought they could get the most “bang for the buck” in terms of market draw/efficiency/power/reliability/longevity etc. by going w/ a V8 in high power and/or performance gasoline applications then they’d ******* be making em & putting em in every ******** thing like every other company who makes a V8 & has either a luxury division, a truck/SUV lineup, & pure performance vehicles- all the rest of the competition is either a) heavily relying on V8 platforms @ their top trim levels or b) at least putting a helluva lot more V8s in those vehicles than Ford does

this is so obvious it hurts

I’m going to refrain from mentioning again on this forum- full of guys who shelled out $70k+ for one of the most expensive & heralded performance vehicles they’ve ever made, named after a dinosaur no less - super alpha marketing, but yet what does it have under the hood?

what would it have under the hood if Toyota/Nissan/GMC/Chevy/RAM made one? How bout top tier SUVs? What do Range Rovers, Cayennes, X5s, Escalades, Q56s, Land cruisers, Sequioas, etc etc etc etc etc have under the hood?

you can come to your own conclusions
84C014C6-3718-400F-B46E-E3F5D9C5E1A1.jpeg

GunMonkeyINTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because they aren’t making V8s much are they? Damn you fanboys are dumb. I’ll put it Simply & bluntly again- if ford thought their V8s were the bees kneesA if they thought they could go toe to toe w/ the direct competition, if they thought they could get the most “bang for the buck” in terms of market draw/efficiency/power/reliability/longevity etc. by going w/ a V8 in high power and/or performance gasoline applications then they’d ******* be making em & putting em in every ******** thing like every other company who makes a V8 & has either a luxury division, a truck/SUV lineup, & pure performance vehicles- all the rest of the competition is either a) heavily relying on V8 platforms @ their top trim levels or b) at least putting a helluva lot more V8s in those vehicles than Ford does

this is so obvious it hurts

I’m going to refrain from mentioning again on this forum- full of guys who shelled out $70k+ for one of the most expensive & heralded performance vehicles they’ve ever made, named after a dinosaur no less - super alpha marketing, but yet what does it have under the hood?

what would it have under the hood if Toyota/Nissan/GMC/Chevy/RAM made one? How bout top tier SUVs? What do Range Rovers, Cayennes, X5s, Escalades, Q56s, Land cruisers, Sequioas, etc etc etc etc etc have under the hood?

you can come to your own conclusions
And, hey, genius, I drive a Gen II, and love it.

Go hug a root with your “but tha V8 fanboys” ********. You’re an idiot. Stop proving it.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
-I pretend exhaust note is more important than actual engine performance
-I financed a decade old truck for 60 months
-I believe all Gen 2 owners troll Starbucks and malls
-The phrase "cam phasers" can be found in >50% of my replies
-I claim ecoboost engines aren't reliable enough for myself because I need something durable because I'm an avid off-roader
-I've never actually shared an off-road video or photo of myself
-I'm more likely to hit "like" when I see a photo of someone who swapped their red steering wheel stripe for a grey one than I am of someone who posts an off-road video/photo

Who am I?

Why can’t I like both performance and exhaust note?

Why does how long someone financed however old a vehicle matter? I’m sure someone bought a gen 2 and took it to the longest loan term possible.

I don’t go to malls very often or Starbucks ever so I wouldn’t know. But by troll, doesn’t that mean they are starting trouble? Or do you mean more along the lines of fishing trolling?

It is a Ford from post 96, it seems like they make valve train noise on startup.

Excoboost engines are pretty reliable, powerful, and probably ideal for most trucks. The gen 1 ecoboost had like 90% of available torque at 1900 rpm which would be great for a truck. I’m sure gen 2 ecoboosts are similar. I’m not sure if the 3.5HO is the same (probably is) or not. My wife’s 13 explorer had a lower HP (I think) and the 90% torque was at a higher rpm.

I don’t think I have showed a video or many pictures of me off-roading but I have them. I have been to 3 offroad events this year, plan to do 6 a year or so. I live in Ohio and drive about 5-8 hours for a weekend event so can’t go all the time.

I prefer people who use their truck for what it was meant for, which is the main reason I don’t see a hybrid being a great option. Not because I fear progress or tech but rather tech is often hard to fix on the trail. A simple engine and tech is easier to trouble shoot. “born in baja” said that the system was trying to access a system the no longer had so they swapped ECU’s (or something along those lines).

I am someone who like cars and trucks of all brands but prefers ford. I like to offroad but don’t get to as much as I would like. I can like and respect the ecoboost (Even my neighbor’s 2.7) and my 6.2. I actually liked ford originally due to the 03-04 cobra with the 4.6 supercharged (terminator) vs a larger N/a engine.

I’m just saying there seems to be a lot of negativity on ones choice gen 1 vs gen2, when my irrelevant opinion doesn’t think there needs to be.

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one thing I don't understand, and will comment on, about this whole "argument" is why you bastards care?
I guess I just don't understand having your whole identity wrapped up in having the "correct" opinion regarding these things. Then, subsequently having to vilify anyone that disagrees with that opinion as being "wrong."

Y'all do realize that's the whole point of options...to appeal to different people seeing as different people HAVE DIFFERENT DESIRES....right?

Gotta have a V8? Get a gen 1!
Don't care? Get whatever!

Jesus, we can go back and forth a million times, but all it comes down to money. If you think something has a deficiency, pony the hell up and fix it.
You can make a Silverado perform better than a Raptor with $50k.
You can make a Gen 1 perform better nearly stock than a Gen 2 a tune, headers, and shocks.
You can make a Gen 2 have a thousand HP with $20k-$30k in the engine.
Think Ford V8s are weak? Buy something else or spend the $ to beef them up!

I swear...it seems like people that sit around and argue, disparagingly...I might add, about this shit are either too damn broke to pay for something better, or have an inferiority complex.

Okay. Flame away. I'll get off my soap box now.
I wonder what my little outburst would tell Freud about me?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Wow!, I did not know Kaun was still around

She has a few accounts active. After mcnawsty, she started campaigning more FRF Id’s. She began abandoning them before actually getting banned.