GEN 2 New Raptor, sharing space with a Gwagen.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racemetal

Reaction score
After a long time contemplating, I finally picked up a Raptor this evening. Drove it home and did my first "off road hill climb." Not exactly Pikes Peak but it's all I've got at the moment. :)

Brought out the Gwagen for a little comparison since both are subtle colors. o_O They are totally different and amazing in unique ways. Never truly realized how HUGE the Raptor is!! Both units are on KO2s which are fabulous tires. Articulation is awesome and I'm loving the Raptor! Such a super cool ride!!
Thanks for all the amazing content on this site!!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5fd9.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5fe2.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5fd3.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5fc1.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5fce.jpg

Nickshu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Raptor. Always fascinates me that the GWagon has basically been the same vehicle since the 1970's. I guess when you get it right the first time it sticks.

OP
OP
Racemetal

Racemetal

Reaction score
Congrats on the new Raptor. Always fascinates me that the GWagon has basically been the same vehicle since the 1970's. I guess when you get it right the first time it sticks.
Thanks for all the kind words. Yes, the Gwagen is an ancient anomaly. The Raptor and the Gwagen are unique characters, no doubt. Totally different driving experiences. 563hp in the Gwagen and it's a luxo box that hauls like hell. The Raptor feels huge and the ride and performance are stellar. We're lucky to live at a time when you can buy 500hp+ vehicles that are reliable and have warranties. I lived through the '70s when hp was hard to find and cars were absolutely miserable engineering flops. The options we have today are incredible!
Cool stuff!! :party36:

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have time then schedule the Raptor Assault course in Utah. If you don’t go off road then it should impress you the capabilities of the truck. The Gwagen is sweet as well as I saw the German army using them to carry them around in the war zone. Not sure if they were uparmored or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk