New Raptor project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krypt

Reaction score
Picked up a 2019 Raptor about a week ago with 6k mileage. Got a couple questions about performance and what fellow members are running for mods that are warranty friendly.
How much HP are these trucks making from factory?
What bolt Ons have some of you installed that doesn’t void warranty and what kind of power does the truck make now? This is a new project and I would like to invest in the best bolt Ons possible. Thanks!

OP
OP
K

Krypt

Reaction score
I noticed the 2020 Shelby Raptor produces 525hp from factory with the same 3.5 TT V6 as the 2015+ model trucks. What do those trucks have that the normal ones don’t? Is it a matter of purchasing the Shelby ECU?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
  • SHELBY Ecoboost Performance Upgrade
  • Performance Intake With High Flow Filter
  • SHELBY Oversized Air Intake Tube
  • Performance Aluminum Intercooler
  • One Piece Heat Shield
  • SHELBY Proprietary Performance Tune, 525+ HP 610+ FPT

jrm

Reaction score
In Florida, just get a tune, an HPFP and run e85 for 150+ extra. If you're worried about the warranty, just wait for a year then you won't care anymore and can do the e85 + tune. I have all the mods, but HPFP and an e85 tune is the best bang for your buck. If worried, my advice is to do nothing.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no bolt ons that will add any power. Intake, downpipes, exhaust, etc are negligible on power and sometimes questionable on sound enhancement. The biggest bang for you buck will be a tune and an IC upgrade. Have a look through the Goosetune thread (although there are many other options) and consider if the extra HP is worth a possible voided warranty, make peace with that, and then make a decision.

If warranty is your primary concern, don't mod and just enjoy the truck for how capable it is in stock form. If you're willing to risk the biscuit well then see you on the road to hell :cheers:

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Florida, just get a tune, an HPFP and run e85 for 150+ extra. If you're worried about the warranty, just wait for a year then you won't care anymore and can do the e85 + tune. I have all the mods, but HPFP and an e85 tune is the best bang for your buck. If worried, my advice is to do nothing.

Agreed.

SHELBY Proprietary Performance Tune, 525+ HP 610+ FPT - THIS IS CRANK HP NOT WHP/WTQ. Its very mild tune

E85 Tune is 150+ WHP and would destroy a shelby.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The few simple things to do for some efficiency improvements that add a little Hp/Tq, but also heat reduction and durability.
Turbo flange adapters, dyno #'s have marginal increase, but you can feel the seat of your pants difference-at least i noticed it right away (they also reduce turbo operating temps); high flow/cold air intake-something that keeps the airbox enclosed like S&B, or the like, this comes with both a bigger air box, intake runner, much larger filter, and larger and tuned intake tube; larger intercooler for the stock location-this keeps the warranty, but also helps with heat soak and durability for high heat conditions, like off-roading & towing.

OP
OP
K

Krypt

Reaction score
What would a stock truck(2019) produce on a 93 pump tune?

Does anyone know of a good shop to do this in the Tampa Bay Area? Thanks