New Raptor owner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whiff3081

Reaction score
Hi all!

I just took delivery of my new Gen 3 yesterday it's my first Raptor and so far I am loving it! The only issue I'm having with it is the wireless charging it keeps cutting out on my Samsung phone... I won't lie it's really annoying as I was looking forward to the wireless Android auto especially after having to plug in to my last car everytime..

Looking forward to years of driving this beauty!

20220727_190049.jpg

OP
OP
W

Whiff3081

Reaction score
Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS... "wireless charging" is an concern; cuts out on my iPhone and other have said same. It's most likely an alignment issue. I've had better luck with iPhone when the charging port faces the driver; unsure if that will help on Samsung.
Thanks! I'll have to play with it and find out.. Really would like it to work!

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Hi all!

I just took delivery of my new Gen 3 yesterday it's my first Raptor and so far I am loving it! The only issue I'm having with it is the wireless charging it keeps cutting out on my Samsung phone... I won't lie it's really annoying as I was looking forward to the wireless Android auto especially after having to plug in to my last car everytime..

Looking forward to years of driving this beauty!

View attachment 365131
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new beast. Wireless Carplay and in your case Andriod auto works off bluetooth, so the wireless charging has no bearing on your wireless andriod auto/apple carplay connection. That connection should remain regardless if you place it on the charging pad or not.

Now for wireless charging, it appears the charging pads on these are notorious to cut in and out and be finacky with connection, but again your actual adriod auto connection should not be affected regardless of charging connection.

I place my phone sideways in that skinny slot between the shifter and the cup holders. Carplay in my case connects wirelessly no issues, of course that is not the charging spot and therefore not wirelessly charging when resting there.

Awesome you are enjoying a Raptor in Abu Dhabi! Welcome again to the forum.