New Raptor owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Al Daher

Reaction score
09272717-E38E-4637-8D0C-749DC31BD586.jpeg
Hello all, just purchased my Raptor a few months ago. I’ve modded every vehicle I’ve owned. I enjoyed the changes they made mostly although I feel there is a trade off in a lot of these parts, for example they made something better but something worse at the same time. So I figured this time around I’d buy a sweet ride from the factory and not touch it. Well, it only took 10,000 miles for me to break down and I purchased a catback exhaust. I went with a Borla ATAK and I wish I didn’t. Sounds good at idle but that’s it. It’s obnoxiously loud and made me feel like I just downgraded my truck. I know they make a resonator but I’m scared to invest more in something I may not like still.
So two days later it came off and I’m back to stock where I’ll stay.
Anyone need an exhaust?
I’ll cut u a good deal on it

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF!
Pictures. So it DID happen.

Matt Pearlman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 5500 miles on mine and I’m catching the bug to get some exhaust, and was thinking about getting the same exhaust but now you’ve slowed me down.

OP
OP
A

Al Daher

Reaction score
Hard decision to make from just watching videos
I would say I liked the sound at idle just too loud for me under any type of load or getting on it. Most said it was most aggressive exhaust so I should have listened there. If my truck wasn’t stock it would probably fit in better

Blockaderunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats.
Since I got away from cable TV I usually watch documentaries and or reviews. I saw a review that did the exact same thing as you and went back to stock. I mean really, its not a V-8 so replicating that isn't gonna happen and where I live, there's enough *** go carts on the road that almost sound the same as some of the Raptor exhaust systems and I don't want that.