New Raptor owner with a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sharkie308

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I recently picked up a 2018 802A crew cab. I have noticed a few things. The first the dealer decided to put some type of tracking unit on it. lojack or some equivalent as a sales strategy to try and build value. Either way they installed it behind the glove box and apparently couldn't figure out how to put the mechanism that slows the opening back in correctly. (I wasn't able to figure it out either.) I have attached a picture with the piece. I just can't figure out if I am missing something or looking to attach it in the wrong area. I believe the part hooks on the side but I can't figure out where it goes from there.

View media item 15500
The second one is the module under the dash by the OBD2 sensor. I know the main module in the unit connects all of the systems together or helps with it. Looking at it it's not where it should be and then there is something zip tied to it. Anyone have any idea what this is? I'd like to figure out where the module is supposed to go and actually put it back and figure out wth is plugged into it. As an update this was the GPS tracker they installed. It's now removed with the OBD back where it belongs.

View media item 15499
Las thing is the heated seats on the drivers side. I have researched many possible causes. The light on the dash comes on and stays on. The seat just never heats. The AC seating side of things works fine. Passenger seats work fine. I have checked all of the wiring under the seat and the fuses. (Truck isn't under warranty) Any other quick easy things that might cause it to not work? I saw one of the other things was a filter but it doesn't appear the unit on my truck has one. I currently live in Florida so I am trying to sort it out myself as heated seats aren't a priority here.

Last edited:

Viral Peas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you got any of these things figured out but I might have answers to #1 and #3.

The "track" slides into a fitting on on the right side of the glove compartment with the round end attached to the glove box. Hopefully these 2 pictures help explain it better :)

View media item 15518
View media item 15517

Unfortunately for the heated seat I've heard that if you've checked all the obvious things (mainly the plug) it's a bad heating element. They have been know to go out and the only thing you can really do it get it replaced.