New Raptor Owner in SoCal (San Clemente)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SCMike

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, looks like you need some rubber mats in there ASAP!

I had IWE issues also (on 2017 w/ 45K miles) and didn't know until I got stuck in the mud and only the back wheels were spinning. If it happens to you, make sure the mechanic checks the vacuum hold and not just the hubs. Otherwise you'll end up with a weak vacuum and grinding on new hubs again anyway.

I've got the all weather mats in the garage. I like the carpet mats for every day driving, and will put in the all weathers when i hit the trails, rain, snow, etc.

Thanks for the tip on the IWE issues. Hopefully i dont run into them.

Blockaderunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome and congrats. Go ahead and let her kill you. You got married to begin with so that shows that pain doesn't bother you. ;)

Reaction score
Thanks Russ!

I bought from Ken Grody in Carlsbad. They had over 20 in stock So they gave me a solid deal. Bummer to hear about yours in the shop. Mine will be going in soon as there are a few items that need to be addressed from delivery. Both are cosmetic thank goodness.

Bummer to hear about your IWE problems. Is that common on raptors? My F250 was problem free.

What deal did Ken Grody give you? I called them a few weeks back and they wouldn't do any dealing.

Russ

Reaction score
Bummer to hear about your IWE problems. Is that common on raptors? My F250 was problem free.

Yeah, unfortunately I think it's relatively common. The dealership mentioned there is a TSB for it. They replaced all my vacuum lines, the solenoid, and are doing the hubs today. It's been there for 5 days so far; I'm on a business trip so not a huge deal to be without the truck.

If you hear the grinding switch over to 4A and take it to the dealership.

See you around town, seems like a lot of Raptors around here in south OC! :)

OP
OP
SCMike

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately I think it's relatively common. The dealership mentioned there is a TSB for it. They replaced all my vacuum lines, the solenoid, and are doing the hubs today. It's been there for 5 days so far; I'm on a business trip so not a huge deal to be without the truck.

If you hear the grinding switch over to 4A and take it to the dealership.

See you around town, seems like a lot of Raptors around here in south OC! :)

Thanks for the tip and see you around!