New raptor.....motor BOOM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh, and I forgot to add this, but the Sequoia uses about 2.5 quarts every 5000 miles. That is ~5x more that my 6.2 does (and it’s forced induction!). I typically lose approximately .5 to .75 every 5000.

That's typical Toyota. They lost the class action lawsuit for excessive oil consumption on Camry/RAV4/Corolla/Matrix/Scion; as long as it's a monetary value they pay it and move on to their next victims. They typically settle and impose a non-disclosure agreement when they get sued, which to my knowledge has never been used by any American or European manufacturer. The Asian manufacturers profit on their reputation of "reliability" and not their product, and they'll do anything to protect it...including lying to the US Federal Government, which cost Toyota $1 Billion in their unintended acceleration fiasco. The fact that the lawsuit went public speaks volumes about how bad it was. To My only question is...why did she buy a Sequoia in the first place? It's literally worst in class in every regard.

Last edited:

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As to why, it was a great deal from a family member. I had a 2005 4Runner that was rock solid for 300k before selling. Had two MKIV Supra Turbo’s and an MKIII (nice car, poor engine...head gasket and rod and journal bearing issues from the factory).

The Raptor has been solid. Intermittent power window issues and now a power steering pump but with 590+hp for 120K, not bad!