New raptor.....motor BOOM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Henneshit wouldn't help if you were anyway.
They offer a supplemental Powertrain warranty 3/36,000
I'm sure 3 years are up by now.

OP
OP
S

sisaacks

Reaction score
Well its a 2011.....it was installed in 2011.....its 2020....I would say so :)

Opinions are like asses....everyone has one.....some are better than others.....

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish I good stress more about getting rid of the Procharger. Especially if your going to stay with the henneshit Tune.
Get the factory intake and related serpentine pulley stuff off the sell section here on the forum.

OP
OP
S

sisaacks

Reaction score
I am not spending another dime on this truck. i am selling at as soon as it fixed. I have no interest in a money pit.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hear you

My suggestion is, it may be cheaper to sell as is then spending a shit ton of money to fix it.
There are plenty of guys on here that like to wrench. You never know until you try.

OP
OP
S

sisaacks

Reaction score
Its already at the shop torn apart.....parts already being fixed.
Too late for that.
The dealer asked for a repair sheet so they may help.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would be looking at a used short block or a used super duty engine and change the top end over. They can be had for under 3k with very low mileage. You will get OEM quality that way and it will very likely be cheaper than a rebuild, unless the rebuilder wants to repair only that one cylinder.

OP
OP
S

sisaacks

Reaction score
He is looking now to see if he can get one piston and sleeve that cylinder or if he has to get all 8. He is a good dude and more than fair.
He found that the injector was half clogged......he said he was not surprised being its a 2011 with 18,000 miles on it. So it loos like i will be getting all new injectors, new fuel filter and dropping the fuel tank to clean.

I also found that AZ has a 15 day or 500 mile lemon law. I had the truck 10 days and put 400 miles on it.....granted I live in ID and bought the truck from AZ.....not sure if the dealer is going to help or if this is going to turn into a pissing match. If they have not responded by Friday i will drop by my lawyers office. I had to go that route....but this is a good chunk of change we are talking about.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptor's do not have a fuel filter, only a mesh sock covering the bottom of the fuel pump.
Just use good injector and fuel system cleaning additive and some Star-Tron Enzyme Treatment.
Injector or injectors most likely got half clogged because of the constant misfires.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good luck! Sounds like you need to buy the warranty next time :)
Hennessey and warranty can’t be said in the same sentence! Nor can Hennessey and reliability, or customer service, or good price, or reputation. Call the fire department or I need a tow truck are more appropriate

Last edited: