New Raptor in the plans. Thoughts on 2021 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Ford does a 5.2 raptor with a limited production the markups will be insane. Just look at what the GT500s are fetching.

OP
OP
W1N

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing that some official reports say that there is different engine for 2021 raptor than current. Sources were not able to say what it was because the code is different from all the others. This could explain hybrid possibility.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If Ford does a 5.2 raptor with a limited production the markups will be insane. Just look at what the GT500s are fetching.

The markups on the 2020 GT500s are dealer markups. Once the first rush of demand is gone, the huge dealer markups are gone. Same as the Raptor, and every other desirable vehicle for has every sold.

"Limited production". Why? Why would they limit sales of an extremely profitable vehicle? They have a factory that produces those engines. It's not like there is a GT500 engine tree that only bares so many engines per year.

If Ford want to make 100,000 "GT500 engines" a year to put in trucks, they can do it- both easily and cheaply. True, they do not make the supercharger, but they are are getting them for supplied for prices that are insanely low compared to what you would pay for one yourself.

For you guys who don't know, the "GT500" engine is not some super-exotic high dollar engine- it's just a beefed up Coyote engine with a blower bolted on top. Which is actually just a tweaked version of the original 1991 4.6L mod motor V8.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The markups on the 2020 GT500s are dealer markups. Once the first rush of demand is gone, the huge dealer markups are gone. Same as the Raptor, and every other desirable vehicle for has every sold.

"Limited production". Why? Why would they limit sales of an extremely profitable vehicle? They have a factory that produces those engines. It's not like there is a GT500 engine tree that only bares so many engines per year.

If Ford want to make 100,000 "GT500 engines" a year to put in trucks, they can do it- both easily and cheaply. True, they do not make the supercharger, but they are are getting them for supplied for prices that are insanely low compared to what you would pay for one yourself.

For you guys who don't know, the "GT500" engine is not some super-exotic high dollar engine- it's just a beefed up Coyote engine with a blower bolted on top. Which is actually just a tweaked version of the original 1991 4.6L mod motor V8.
im merely commenting on speculation. they may keep the production limited for exclusivity like they did with the new ford gt. now i know they bumped up the ford gt production numbers from the original 500 but they are still in high demand relative to the amount they are making.

4 years later the standard gen 2 raptor are still selling for over sticker in some places and they are not limited so no doubt the 5.2 version would have an even stronger mark up depending on how hard they are to get.

Don N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had to guess, Ford is going to try and be semi competitive/close on pricing with the TRX, so maybe base price MSRP will be around $80k? Fully optioned out would probably be closer to $95k. At those prices, realistically for me, I'd be more interested in seeing how the hybrid engines work out. I am a V8 engine type of guy, but I don't mind the new tech coming out as long as they are reliable.

OP
OP
W1N

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read through tons of different articles and have no inside information what so ever, but my guess is that Ford is going to try to get close to the TRX in means of performance, but I have a gut feeling it won't happen with V8. I think they are going to try to push the current platform closer to 600hp. Otherwise I don't quite understand what is happening here. It is clear that the 2021 isn't going to look much different, so I'm thinking why bother. Some upgrades are there for sure, but it seems so odd how things are going down.