New Raptor in the plans. Thoughts on 2021 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it does happen are you prepared to drop 100k on a raptor?

NO WAY a V8 Raptor costs 100k+. Even it if gets a 750 HP S/C V8.

Calling it now- if there actually is a S/C V8 coming based on the GT500 engine, whatever "base" model Raptor you can get that with will not exceed $85K.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TFL also has 5000 videos titled "iZ tH1s tRuKK a WR4pTur K1LLuRRR". Their specultation is just that. Remember they get paid for views not accuracy....

In the video, they stated they had two sources for the information. Could be nothing more than speculation, but it did not come across as if the sources where guys who saw the test mule go by and thought they heard a V8.

MyRaptorLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score

TFL Truck predicts two powertrains for the GEN3

Ever since Ford crapped on them they are kinda out of the loop IMO. They had plenty of inside info on the TRX. Oh and same with the TRX, Ford isn't gonna fracture the lineup. There will be one, and one only engine powering the 59K to 80K Raptors.

MyRaptorLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TFL also has 5000 videos titled "iZ tH1s tRuKK a WR4pTur K1LLuRRR". Their specultation is just that. Remember they get paid for views not accuracy....

Yup, they were probably paid by Fiat to push the TRX. Many auto bloggers were. How else can you explain "What an amazing truck" or "This is the Raptor Killer" etc. Maybe not all of them were paid but others at least jumped on those that were's bandwagon. AS I said in the prior post, Ford either right or wrong slapped their wee wee pretty good over the Bronco leaks and I am sure that has soured them no doubt.

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completely buy the hybrid option and the v8 as an additional cost.
Hell, I've been thinking for a long time the next Raptor would be a hybrid, but it makes sense to use the Predator as well since it's already been developed.

All Raptor prices will go up $5k over current trucks, the V8 will be an extra $10k. SCab going away. Coil spring rear. Those are my predictions.
So Raptors will start at 65k with the hybrid, loaded hybrid will be 80k, V8 will be 90k and only available on a loaded truck.

I say we get an announcement before the end of September.

OP
OP
W1N

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the trigger! There's tons of leftover 19's and 20's that you can get a deal on. Ford isn't taking anymore orders on Raps and there have been no press relaeses on a '21 (unlike every other trim level).

That is definitely an option. Have to do little homework and ask local importer how it all could be done.

This is what I want it to be

1-Used-2017-Ford-F-150-Raptor-Signature-Series3-M.jpg
Hell, I've been thinking for a long time the next Raptor would be a hybrid, but it makes sense to use the Predator as well since it's already been developed.

All Raptor prices will go up $5k over current trucks, the V8 will be an extra $10k. SCab going away. Coil spring rear. Those are my predictions.
So Raptors will start at 65k with the hybrid, loaded hybrid will be 80k, V8 will be 90k and only available on a loaded truck.

I'm kinda counting on that :)

MyRaptorLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You may be right, but Ford isn't gonna split the crowd. A Rap is a Rap is a Rap. The token V8 as they talked about isn't gonna happen. There is no point in doing that. FIAT can FIAT. HP isn't the only thing that sells and Ford is in the electric game now full throttle.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may be right, but Ford isn't gonna split the crowd. A Rap is a Rap is a Rap. The token V8 as they talked about isn't gonna happen. There is no point in doing that. FIAT can FIAT. HP isn't the only thing that sells and Ford is in the electric game now full throttle.

Yep....the TRX still barely beats the Raptor in the 0-60 even with the V8 and full time AWD. The TRX is $15K higher than an equally equipped Raptor before the markups. The electric motor in the transmission is the way to go to provide the launch while the turbos spool up.

MyRaptorLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep....the TRX still barely beats the Raptor in the 0-60 even with the V8 and full time AWD. The TRX is $15K higher than an equally equipped Raptor before the markups. The electric motor in the transmission is the way to go to provide the launch while the turbos spool up.

Yep. Thats the writing on the wall. Ford doesn't care what it's backwards minded clients want. I love V8s and all that myself. Love them. If they could be as fuel efficient as the V6 Turbos would be great. Thats not reality though. Can you imagine a Rap that is a bit slower overall but gets 25 or so MPG. And be an offroad monster. For 20K cheaper than a FIAT.

IF I was Ford that would be my charge. To make that a reality.