New Raptor in the plans. Thoughts on 2021 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Raptor in the hand is worth two in the bush. You can go out and buy a Gen2 TODAY and start enjoying it TODAY instead of waiting 1-2 YEARS for a Gen3 to come to market (plus ADM's are going to make them a PITA to buy initially). For that Gen3 goodness you'll also need to live with all those teething issues that are present in any new gnereation of vehicle. At this point the 19-20's are mostly sorted out and all problems are known and fixable.

If you didn't like the Gen2 then maybe wait and see what the redesign does, otherwise buy one now, enjoy it now and then if you REALLY want a Gen3 dump the Jenny (they hold resale value well) and move on.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2022 Raptor will have a 550-575HP and 625 Ft/lbs of torque 3.5 TT Hybrid. Price will be right around 78 for a fully loaded Raptor. No way is Ford gonna charge 100K for a truck that was 75 two years before. Won't happen.

This is my prediction as well. Good way for Ford to showcase the new Powerboost engine it's launching with the new F150. I also predict we will see more of the all electric Rivian technology in the Gen 4. Ford invested in it for a reason....the V8 guys need to get over it. Big gasoline engines are dead....they just haven't got passed the death spasms yet.

OP
OP
W1N

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my prediction as well. Good way for Ford to showcase the new Powerboost engine it's launching with the new F150. I also predict we will see more of the all electric Rivian technology in the Gen 4. Ford invested in it for a reason....the V8 guys need to get over it. Big gasoline engines are dead....they just haven't got passed the death spasms yet.

Personally I would ok with that. All I need is to know what's coming, because I'm happy tbuying the current one as long as it doesn't change too much for MY2021.

OP
OP
W1N

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Raptor in the hand is worth two in the bush. You can go out and buy a Gen2 TODAY and start enjoying it TODAY instead of waiting 1-2 YEARS for a Gen3 to come to market (plus ADM's are going to make them a PITA to buy initially). For that Gen3 goodness you'll also need to live with all those teething issues that are present in any new gnereation of vehicle. At this point the 19-20's are mostly sorted out and all problems are known and fixable.

If you didn't like the Gen2 then maybe wait and see what the redesign does, otherwise buy one now, enjoy it now and then if you REALLY want a Gen3 dump the Jenny (they hold resale value well) and move on.

I actually REALLY like the current model and it's design. would love MY2021 not to change at all. Maybe the changes are going to cosmetic to next year.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually REALLY like the current model and it's design. would love MY2021 not to change at all. Maybe the changes are going to cosmetic to next year.
Pull the trigger! There's tons of leftover 19's and 20's that you can get a deal on. Ford isn't taking anymore orders on Raps and there have been no press relaeses on a '21 (unlike every other trim level).