Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

New Raptor In Central North Carolina

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by JeffroMc, Feb 14, 2020.

1. JeffroMc

JeffroMc Member

Well, I have wanted a raptor since 2011 so I finally took the plunge and purchased one recently. I have a few plans and ideas for the new truck. Most of them came from this forum or things I did to my previous truck which was a 2011 F150 Platinum. I have enjoyed reading and learning many useful and not so useful tidbits over the last few years on here. I am looking forward to this truck and trying to figure out all the new and improved technology over my previous truck.

It is a 2020 Leadfoot Screw, 802A, moonroof, rear heated seats, beadlock capable wheels, and tailgate step.

Here is a picture at the dealer the night I purchased. (So smurfslayer doesn’t accuse me of purchasing a prius!)

96BBA762-20F2-4A12-8CE4-150CF5CD9422.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    bvlaw and crjdriver like this.
  2. JeffroMc

JeffroMc Member

Here is a picture when I dropped it off for window tint, paint correction and ceramic coating.

573C63C9-E81A-4E50-951C-C8D7F67085E0.jpeg

crjdriver likes this.
  3. JeffroMc

JeffroMc Member

And here are a few pictures when I picked it up upon completion. I am very happy with the results and look forward to the benefits of the ceramic coating.

2055E4FF-2E8C-492A-9374-848574BC571F.jpeg

4AAE679A-974E-409E-ABB7-D1DCFEA61E46.jpeg

AA63CC4D-ABA0-4483-8A1E-2DC79C51865B.jpeg

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Full Access Member

Greetings Fellow NC Brother! Congratulations on the fine automotive specimen.
    Maybe one day we can do some wheeling.

JeffroMc likes this.
  5. JeffroMc

JeffroMc Member

Thanks crjdriver! I don’t live far from Uwharrie National Forest, but that place is a little too tight and rough for a raptor, especially my new one! Not bad for an atv, utv, jeep or horses!

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Full Access Member

JeffroMc. I live in Wilmington. I have seen raptors go to uwharrie, just limited on the trails there. Would love to plan a trip to the outer banks. I enjoy the sand.

7. 911 Crazy

911 Crazy FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

So school me on the benefits of ceramic coatings? Is that something you do in lieu of a clear bra or wrap?

8. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

;)
    We gotta keep the rifraff out you know
    #OneLessprius

SS308 and JeffroMc like this.
  9. JeffroMc

JeffroMc Member

This is the first dealings I have personally had with ceramic coatings. I know people that have had it done and highly recommended it. I have always cleaned and detailed my own vehicles in the past but life is soo busy I was looking for some kind of help/shortcut.

With all of the research I did online and talking with friends that had a ceramic coating, it offers a far superior protection and longevity to your paint over traditional polishes, waxes and sealants. It also is supposed to make washing and keeping your vehicle cleaner a whole lot easier. The shortest description I have is a fresh waxed auto on steroids!!!

It does offer some scratch protection as most coatings have a 9H hardness but it is definitely not a replacement for paint protection film. I had PPF installed on a few key areas of my truck before the coating and after the paint correction for a little extra protection. I have to admit, I never thought I would spend that much money for something like this but I usually keep my trucks 7 to 8 years and hope it helps To keep my truck looking new easier and longer than before.

Just google ceramic coatings online and you will find endless examples and opinions. Btw, it can be a DIY process or a professional service. I was just a little hesitant to tackle the task on a new $70k truck! Maybe I will try my luck on my 13 year old work vehicle! Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

10. Ted Schroeder

Ted Schroeder Member

I do a lot of surf fishing down at Fort Fisher past crossover 4.

crjdriver likes this.