New Raptor have questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCDAWG

Reaction score
Ok, i know this is answered a lot but i am still confused.

I am new to this Raptor family and the performance upgrades are confusing.

I am getting a 2018 Raptor with the Roush package. I do not believe it includes the cold air intake and exhaust, just the suspension and graphics, etc

Sounds like most recommend the following to increase performance.....

1. Cold air intake
2. ECU deprogrammer

What else?

New Exhaust?

Others?

Which models do you recommend for each?

Thanks, i am really excited.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I’m seeing, the (2020) Roush Raptor consists mostly of interior trim, exterior graphics, 18” wheels to support larger calipers and rotors, and an exhaust.

I’m not seeing any changes to the suspension outside the larger wheels. (Per Roush’s site)
That might’ve been different two years back. You can always contact Roush and run the VIN by them to see the build sheet if you don’t have one.

Roush does make an exhaust for the truck, and since you’ve already made the investment into the Roush brand, you might as well go the same route there. Same goes for the intake if you really want one.

My first recommendation would be to take it home and drive it for awhile. Then start the modding fun. You might be very surprised with what the truck can do stock. Sport mode is your friend for power.

How many miles are on the truck?

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cold air intake and exhaust will make the truck a bit louder and you'll hear the turbos more, but don't count on them adding any meaningful power.

For power you'd need a tune and possibly intercooler depending how far down the rabbit hole you want to go...check out the engine forum...Cobb stage 2 would be a buy and be done product from a performance gain standpoint.

OP
OP
NCDAWG

NCDAWG

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

It has 13k miles.

Great advice, i will take a bit to get to know it stock.

I just know that i will want to mod it a bit.

Thanks!

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

It has 13k miles.

Great advice, i will take a bit to get to know it stock.

I just know that i will want to mod it a bit.

Thanks!

Guarantee you will mod it. Get some pictures up for us when you get it and let’s see what you’re working with here.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mods are inevitable, I bought my truck with the exact options I wanted thinking that it'd be perfect for me.... then I almost snapped the OEM antenna pulling into the garage, so I got a stubby.... and it went all downhill from there. Running board inlays, rappygraphics, cup holder inserts, wheel well liners, drain plug, wheels, fog lights. The list goes on, there's so much good advice and helpful folks on here so do your homework!

If you have questions feel free to post double digit numbered question threads. We love that shit :favorites13: