New Raptor and question on the shift lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vallerie

Reaction score
Hi Raptor friends! I just purchased a fully loaded 2019 and was noticed that the lights don't lite up on the shift handle which drives me nuts! I heard that you can get a third party install since they left the harness in tact. Is there anyone in the Los Angeles area that know someone who can do it?

WraptorBoy

Reaction score
Hi Raptor friends! I just purchased a fully loaded 2019 and was noticed that the lights don't lite up on the shift handle which drives me nuts! I heard that you can get a third party install since they left the harness in tact. Is there anyone in the Los Angeles area that know someone who can do it?

I thought that was odd as well and I miss the fact that they don't light up so I got used to just looking at the dash indicator.

Also hate that the garage door opened doesn't light up. I thought that was cheap move. Feels like it's not a factory thing but added on later... by the factory.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also hate that the garage door opened doesn't light up. I thought that was cheap move. Feels like it's not a factory thing but added on later... by the factory.

The home link system is a 3rd party supplier. I have had the exact same system in cars from my 2000 Audi A6, to a 2007 Volvo S60r, and 5 fords. they have been the same 3 buttons for 20 years an never lit up.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are several threads on purchasing a light source for your console shift letters. I bought the light, installed it, and love it. All inn the matter of about 30 minutes.

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A quick Google search and it looks like this may be the part you need, FL3Z-13466-B, but I can't confirm that.

Reaction score
I had the same concern with this shifter lights. For the 19 Raptors the actual words on the shifter console are painted on and even if you buy that light and installed it, you won’t be able to see the lights. I’m not sure for 17 and 18 years. Best of luck

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The home link system is a 3rd party supplier. I have had the exact same system in cars from my 2000 Audi A6, to a 2007 Volvo S60r, and 5 fords. they have been the same 3 buttons for 20 years an never lit up.

The problem with having these buttons light up is that a user would assume it means the command was successful. Since the communication is one way (the garage unit can't communicate back to the home link system), there is no way the light could actually confirm anything. You really need to visually confirm the command worked, rather than looking for a light.