New Raptor Aftermarket radio question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Siddhi

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forum here and looking for some advice. I am in the market for a Raptor (plan to pull the trigger this week sometime) and I am currently looking at either 2012 to 2014 models. I have found several in this year range that suits me, but I am very curious which year is easier to upgrade to an aftermarket 7" head unit with navigation? From what I can tell from my research it seems that it more depends on if the truck has factory nav or not to start with. The 2012 that I am most interested in has factory nav I believe. I have added a pic of the current setup below. How difficult is it to upgrade this and retain the heated and cooled seat functionality in this model?

I am very handy and have upgraded every vehicle I have ever owned. So doing the work is not going to be an issue. I am more worried about how well it works in the long run. I put a tesla style screen in my 2009 CTSV and it was a nightmare. And the functions never really worked as well as they described. I actually returned it because they could not fix the issues. Are there similar issues with these trucks and doing this type of upgrade? Or do they seem to work fine?

As far as the 2012 - 2014 which is a more seamless upgrade option? Which works better?
Thanks
-Barry

1630343817798.png

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. There's a few members that have upgraded the stereos, maybe they will chime in, if not, use the search function upper right to see if you can find their stereo builds.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Found a couple for you:

OP
OP
S

Siddhi

Reaction score
Thx CoronaRaptor,
But this is not what I am looking for. I have read most of these posts. I am hoping to find someone that can say which is an easier path to aftermarket. The 2012 with Sync or 2014 with MFT. I guess in the long run it is not that big of a deal. I am sure I can figure it out. I am just trying to do some due diligence in case one is overly easier than the other. I really like the 2012 I am looking at because it only has 57K miles on it, which is pretty great for such an old truck. Or is it better to go with the 2014. Thanks for the help though.