New R with 4k miles i salvage yard here in AZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew the facts and I stated them. You didn't like it, but it is the truth. It's okay market is cooling--it's not just R trust me.

I've never watched a Mecum auction with so many 'And the bid goes on'...that is a tell on the market in general. Period. Just like if you watched Pebble last year and it was insane...in a crazy way.
I have it was about March 20th , 2020....... should have bought a lot of them then.

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man you did a heell of a nice job on that 66 F100 . I think that wrecked R is right up you alley . I would love to see that drivetrain in my 19 SCAB
For the fun of it today I check pricing on a new R frame just in case it needs one which I doubt but wanted worst case scenario. The raptor R frames are avail in only a couple days time for not as much money as one might think. So if it indeed needed one it would be a fun fix can take them apart with my eyes closed . .
But, In my case I would just used the complete drivetrain and full electronics using a 1966 BIG truck Cab. Make it a bunch lighter tweak it to 1000hp plus then go kick sand on a few TRX's. It would raise the towing capacity a bunch along with load capacity. Not worry about dents dings or scratches..

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s the threshold now for insurance to total it? If they paid an ADM that would be a bitter pill to swallow.
Since I did years with a major insurance carrier it would not matter if they paid a bunch of ADM. Any search on value by insurance company would come up with the highest ASKING prices and one would surely do better than what one paid. Just point out price like the 199k. I would guess any R wrecked would have Insurance value of 180k minimum.
Even if one bought at MSRP the insurance has no right to know what one paid although they might ask if they run a valuation report on CCC or ADP it will come back very high.

Biggie on this truck is if insured or a claimant. If claimant all they would have to do is mention diminished value so would not take much to total it. If it's a insured it would need to be in the 70-80% range typically but would depend on a lot of other things too. This truck is NOT a total but will depend on above mentioned things. I hope to bid on it but already have a stopping point. I will look at it as 60% of value at MSRP when repaired as a top bid price. So 60% of 109k when done minus cost to fix. Ballpark. I would go inspect it prior to any bidding as it's very close by me.

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish you luck and if you win, can’t wait to see what you do with it. Your ‘66 is clean….

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@1966 F100 Raptor ,
Congratulations on your sale, so buyer pays 10% and seller pays 10%........... EPH me I need to start an auction, seems like stupid money.
I have never seen when you buy a house both buyer and seller pay the realtor their full commission each (have seen it split, buy not full percentage to both parties)

Reaction score
For the fun of it today I check pricing on a new R frame just in case it needs one which I doubt but wanted worst case scenario. The raptor R frames are avail in only a couple days time for not as much money as one might think. So if it indeed needed one it would be a fun fix can take them apart with my eyes closed . .
But, In my case I would just used the complete drivetrain and full electronics using a 1966 BIG truck Cab. Make it a bunch lighter tweak it to 1000hp plus then go kick sand on a few TRX's. It would raise the towing capacity a bunch along with load capacity. Not worry about dents dings or scratches..
Based on your track record and the truck you sold, I literally believe 100% of this.

If you decide to act on it, I'll fly out for a week and subsidize your bourbon/beer bill