New R with 4k miles i salvage yard here in AZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew the facts and I stated them. You didn't like it, but it is the truth. It's okay market is cooling--it's not just R trust me.

I've never watched a Mecum auction with so many 'And the bid goes on'...that is a tell on the market in general. Period. Just like if you watched Pebble last year and it was insane...in a crazy way.
Where are the facts ( Proof )? I did not agree with a false statement. we are all waiting prove us wrong? crickets …..

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates. Next to some of the builds at that auction. A new R is somewhat tame comparatively. What was some if the higher priced sales you saw?
:Mine was one of few that brought well over expectations of the auctioneer and crew. Have great video where the guy sticks his head in window and says your reserve is 150k where are we starting. 50k? I said you can start at any price you like to get it going. He says "no the amount you will take for reserve" He was about 8" from my face and I said my reserve is 150k and for a single penny less I will be glad to drive it home! he gave some smart axx answer yelled up to auctioneer this guy aint budging! Auctioneer waived his hands and laughed. Friend was standing right behind guy at window and his girlfriend standing across videoing it all. Another guy started to read off the option list the auctioneer just cut him off, Ya should have seen the auctioneer when in a matter of seconds hit 150k. His face changed and he started to clap. At that point the reserve was met and they could care less after that. I heard the goal was 50 seconds per vehicle think I got about 90 seconds. Good fun for sure. I guessed my price to the $$ and wasn't budging.
In todays crashing market I did well.

There was a 1977 F250 crew cab in white that had a Godzilla engine swap and 6R80 was a factory 300 6 cyl expected it to do well and it did. Think it was 197k with fees. Nicely done truck.
Early bronco's did not do well at all and very few actually sold. Only ones that did ok were late model engine swaps like a coyote and one with a base EcoBoost. Pretty much all the rest in my tent although had estimates 3-4x my truck I was about 100k more. I think the not sold vehicles were actually not more than 10-15% but many were no reserve like the Raptor R. That guy got really hurt. He stopped by to talk pretty sure he is a member here and thought because he was in big $ stuff he would get more than the Prior R's but that turned out to not be true. It's that extra 10% for buyers there and extra 12% for online bidders plus the shipping of said truck. Seems like 165k buyer pays is about the max.

Biggest bid I saw was for a boat tail McLaren for 2.7m. The F40 Ferrari not far behind me was expected to hit 3 to 3.5 million but stopped at like 2.6
I mostly hang around my truck to talk to people. Do what I could to sell it. Now off to the other 11 1965-66 Trucks I have and move a few more to be prepared for what may happen to the economy. And my retirement in 3 months.

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@1966 F100 Raptor you were close on your April fool's joke...
Ya. Best part is it hit exactly my reserve plus the 10% to buyer.
I had April Fool's jokes going anyway if it sold or not. All in fun. Absolutely love the truck. Owned it for 23yrs. Put 9500 fantastic miles on it but figured if I am to sell now is the time and hope things don't totally crash before auction happens.
Zero profit after overhead but I am good with it. Tough times broke a World Record for a 61-66 truck especially when it had the Twin I Beam Suspension on it yet and body fit n finish was as new and no bondo. So many people laughed when I pulled out the 427 Dual Quad Side Oiler and sold it in favor of the "EcoBoost" I don't follow trends or what everyone else does I build what I want. Turned out OK in the end.

One of next trucks is a one of 2 known to exist 1966 N700 Crew Cab most likely to get a 7.3 Godzilla with a 6R140 Transmission keeping the Eaton 2spd diff for 12 speeds forward 2 reverse.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OHHHH...thank you 1966 and @mchurch0211 I'll accept your apology any time. There are the FACTS!

And @1966 F100 Raptor congrats on the sale of your beast...it's really what got me watching as much as I did.
lol idgaf what the seller got my point was the market value of Rs being 148.5k + te seller could have got around 150k after the 5k sell fee on BAT

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:Mine was one of few that brought well over expectations of the auctioneer and crew. Have great video where the guy sticks his head in window and says your reserve is 150k where are we starting. 50k? I said you can start at any price you like to get it going. He says "no the amount you will take for reserve" He was about 8" from my face and I said my reserve is 150k and for a single penny less I will be glad to drive it home! he gave some smart axx answer yelled up to auctioneer this guy aint budging! Auctioneer waived his hands and laughed. Friend was standing right behind guy at window and his girlfriend standing across videoing it all. Another guy started to read off the option list the auctioneer just cut him off, Ya should have seen the auctioneer when in a matter of seconds hit 150k. His face changed and he started to clap. At that point the reserve was met and they could care less after that. I heard the goal was 50 seconds per vehicle think I got about 90 seconds. Good fun for sure. I guessed my price to the $$ and wasn't budging.

There was a 1977 F250 crew cab in white that had a Godzilla engine swap and 6R80 was a factory 300 6 cyl expected it to do well and it did. Think it was 197k with fees. Nicely done truck.
Early bronco's did not do well at all and very few actually sold. Only ones that did ok were late model engine swaps like a coyote and one with a base EcoBoost. Pretty much all the rest in my tent although had estimates 3-4x my truck I was about 100k more. I think the not sold vehicles were actually not more than 10-15% but many were no reserve like the Raptor R. That guy got really hurt. He stopped by to talk pretty sure he is a member here and thought because he was in big $ stuff he would get more than the Prior R's but that turned out to not be true. It's that extra 10% for buyers there and extra 12% for online bidders plus the shipping of said truck. Seems like 165k buyer pays is about the max.

Biggest bid I saw was for a boat tail McLaren for 2.7m. The F40 Ferrari not far behind me was expected to hit 3 to 3.5 million but stopped at like 2.6
I mostly hang around my truck to talk to people. Do what I could to sell it. Now off to the other 11 1965-66 Trucks I have and move a few more to be prepared for what may happen to the economy. And my retirement in 3 months.
Bravo man, thanks for the update. Glad you moved out some inventory. Knowing what little I do about your builds, I'm sure it was mint. Hopefully ill get to Mecum or Barret Jackson some day… its always been a dream.

Reaction score

Love this! Nicely done! Appreciate you bringing some light to the black raptor that sold too!

Reaction score
Where are the facts ( Proof )? I did not agree with a false statement. we are all waiting prove us wrong? crickets …..
Church, he was right and you seem childish for putting him down and calling him out.

Refer to 1966's post, he was there and obviously has a vested interest in the Raptor R.

Just be nice instead of taking things so personally.