New product " you need this"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I'll be checking out my guards when I get home as well. I hadn't looked at these at all, but if they're broken, I'll be looking to order as well.

debordj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried to order these online, but it wanted to charge me $11 bucks for shipping, but it says "qualifies for free UPS Ground shipping". Can't find that anywhere. Can you please advise. Thanks.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tried to order these online, but it wanted to charge me $11 bucks for shipping, but it says "qualifies for free UPS Ground shipping". Can't find that anywhere. Can you please advise. Thanks.

Call them. Easiest way.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^I tried ordering them online as well, and the link didn't work right, so I ended up calling them and they took care of me right away. I just received the guards the other day and hope to install them this weekend.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I finally received OL shock guards this week and installed this morning. They are definitely a quality product, but as everything goes with installing a product something has to go wrong. So I decided I could do this without removing the wheels and shocks from the truck. Well I crawled my sorry butt under the truck and proceeded to do this mod, and it was running pretty smooth. Excepted the driver side which was a PITA. I loosen up the allen screws with no issues, and then slide the plastic guard toward top of the shock and slide them inside OL guard and proceeded with putting the allen screws in. Let’s just say 2 of 3 of the screws went back in with no problem, so after 30 minutes of sweat I gave up with the 3rd screw and proceeded to the passenger side, so this time I ensure the 3 allen screws where through/flush the OL & Plastic guard before I decided to tighten any of the screws. I highly recommend loosely tighten outer ones first and then proceed with the middle one (don’t forget the blue loctite), so I was able to do it in about 10 minutes. Now I went back to the driver side and proceeded to perform the same process. BUT Hell NO! it wouldn’t align up for nothing. So after 15 minutes (I wish) I went and got the drill, which enable me to make the hole in the plastic guard bigger and to align the last outer allen screw, which enable me to complete the install.

I’m thinking I could have done this faster with jacking up the truck; taking the wheels off and shocks off; installing the guards while on a work bench instead sweating my know what offs under hot A__ truck. Yea hindsight sucks!

Overall I believe this mod will pay for itself. Yea I believe OL (or someone) will come up with a better design to replace the FOX/Ford plastic guard. For now, I’m happy with the OL Shock guards(except for my back & knuckles are hurting). Please learn from my mistakes.