New product " you need this"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ORPShockGuard7-9-400001.jpg[/QUOTE]

Looking at this pic, you still see part of the lower shock mount, wouldn't you want to add some more protection down there? You can still see the beat to hell lower shock.

And let me tell you, after one run in the dirt this Saturday, my plastic shock protectors took a little beating, these are on the short list.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out my rear stock shocks I'm taking off my Rap.... Notice the shock protector on the left..... Errrrr..... What's left of it! It literally evaporated in the desert. Clearly the stock guards alone will not meet my needs.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339568314.693409.jpg

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I guess I need to take a look at these when I get home. Although I will say I wish someone would come out with a full replacement protector. I know it'd cost more, but it'd look pretty cool in Fox Blue.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ORPShockGuard7-9-400001.jpg

Looking at this pic, you still see part of the lower shock mount, wouldn't you want to add some more protection down there? You can still see the beat to hell lower shock.

And let me tell you, after one run in the dirt this Saturday, my plastic shock protectors took a little beating, these are on the short list.

The plastic boot is also broken up by the F so in that case the shock would still get damaged even with this mod?

OP
OP
Outlaw Offroad

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on the border with acquiring your product, but I just don't understand why OL Raptor hasn't pursue with designing a product that would replace the entired "Fox Ford" plastic guard. What am I missing?

Good question but their is a few reasons why.
1. We can't make a guard that says FOX on it. Most Raptor owners want FOX on the guard.
2. It is designed to work with the OE guard witch works great but it just does not have a strong enough mounting in to the OE shock at the bottom mounting area. The ORP guard supports it but still allows for the OE guard to to it job.
3. More cost .......

Shock boots are fairly cheap and most things get bounced off of them...

Shock boots won't do anything except rip and tear. Rock are being projected at the rear shocks at a rapid rate. We have seen several boots destroyed on Kings in the passed. Yes, we are making protectors for KING and FOX 3.0 rear s as well.

I guess I need to take a look at these when I get home. Although I will say I wish someone would come out with a full replacement protector. I know it'd cost more, but it'd look pretty cool in Fox Blue.

That would take a licensing agreement with FOX. I wish. The full protector would still have to be out of plastic.

The plastic boot is also broken up by the F so in that case the shock would still get damaged even with this mod?

Not sure I understand the question but the mount attaches at the bottom of the shock using the OE bolts. The picture is to just show what is happing to the guards.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can't make a guard that says FOX on it. Most Raptor owners want FOX on the guard.

Yes, we are making protectors for KING and FOX 3.0 rear s as well.

Not sure I understand the question but the mount attaches at the bottom of the shock using the OE bolts. The picture is to just show what is happing to the guards.

Just to clarify, I think what he's saying is that in the side-by-side photo you posted, the shock without the Outlaw guard has a hole in it in the "F" in "Fox" which would be above the top part of the Outlaw guard.

Personally I could care less if it says Fox or not, function > form, as you can see in the pic I posted above, the stock ones are never gonna cut it on my truck.

My question is, if I want a set (for some Fox 3-ohs) that do not say Fox yet fully replace or cover the plastic Fox ones and are constructed like the ones you're selling (just taller) can you do that for me at an additional cost?

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^I have to concur. I don't care if it has "Fox" on it or not, but if OL Raptor is willing to make a full protector, I'm willing to acquire a set for the stock Fox shocks.

OP
OP
Outlaw Offroad

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, I think what he's saying is that in the side-by-side photo you posted, the shock without the Outlaw guard has a hole in it in the "F" in "Fox" which would be above the top part of the Outlaw guard.

Personally I could care less if it says Fox or not, function > form, as you can see in the pic I posted above, the stock ones are never gonna cut it on my truck.

My question is, if I want a set (for some Fox 3-ohs) that do not say Fox yet fully replace or cover the plastic Fox ones and are constructed like the ones you're selling (just taller) can you do that for me at an additional cost?

^^I have to concur. I don't care if it has "Fox" on it or not, but if OL Raptor is willing to make a full protector, I'm willing to acquire a set for the stock Fox shocks.

Ok I got you. Yes, our first design was with a lot taller and yes I can do that no problem. It will cover the FOX logo but not the entire plastic guard. The top of the plastic guard will still be the exposed. The problem is the bottom of the plastic guard were it mounts to the shock. It takes a direct beating and this causes the cracking to start. The top of the plastic guard does not because it has flex in it. We also have to watch out for clearance issues of when the shock is in motion and traveling up and down. If you took a huge impact to the lower shock mount area the mount as it is with the current ORP protector would be fine and the plastic could flex inward and possibly touch the shock body. With a full steel guard it could hit the shock body and cause even more damage. With only the bottom as the mounting point we also have to watch out for the leverage on the bottom OE bolts. The current design works perfectly and saves the shock and shock guards. I tested them through some really ugly terrain and had no issues.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
That does make sense, with the bottom being the only mounting point I do see what you mean about it it possibly getting knocked back and destroying a shock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts