New Product - RSI SmartCap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RSI SmartCap

Offroad Alliance is proud to be RSI's premier North American dealer. Introduced to the US marketplace at SEMA 2019, the RSI SmartCap is a first in innovation for bed caps. RSI is based out of South Africa and has been around for years, but this is the first time they've made their way to the states.

Built Tough

The RSI SmartCap is forged from strong automotive grade stainless steel. You read that correctly. This cap is made from stainless steel, not fiberglass. It’s designed to hold up to 330lbs of gear when in motion and a whopping 770lbs when static.

Innovation Meets Design

The RSI SmartCap is the world’s first modular truck cap. Each cap is shipped to your doorstep with five individual pieces. The modular design means easier to ship and easier to install. Installation can be accomplished in under an hour with basic hand tools. On the top of every cap is a Positive Pressure Air Vent that filters fresh air into the cap at a greater velocity than the enclosed bed is capable of sucking air in. This unique feature helps minimize road dust on the interior keeping your gear clean and the dust out.

Grand Opening

SmartCap’s feature a unique gullwing door that are approximately 17% larger than the majority of the fiberglass caps on the market today. This translates to more access and an easier time reaching your cargo or RSI SmartComponent.

The Elements

The RSI SmartCap is truly a cap for every season. Bring on rain, snow, freezing temperatures or howling winds. The modular design and stainless steel construction features an innovative sealing method that when properly installed make the cap complete weatherproof. A cap that is truly designed to match your truck and explore the great outdoors.

Speedy Install and Removal

Once the cap is installed, the innovative fastening system allows you to quickly and easily install/remove the cap in about 15 minutes. If you’re needing more bed space or just want to remove the cap when not in use, the RSI SmartCap provide you the ultimate flexibility with minimal time and effort.

Mount Up

Integrated into the top of every cap is a sleekly designed pair of roof rails. These rails feature a t-slot which allows you to integrate a number of items from companies like Yakima, Thule, FrontRunner and so many more.

SmartComponents

SmartComponents easily attach and integrate with the SmartCap. From SmartBins for storage to SmartKitchen for dinner prep under the stars, no other cap features such a variety of components.

Warranty

All RSI SmartCaps are backed by a 3 year comprehensive manufacturer warranty on all parts and craftsmanship.

Pricing

Offroad Alliance is offering FREE pallet freight shipping on all RSI SmartCaps (a savings of up to $250) during this initial product launch within the lower 48 states. All F150/Raptor caps are $3895. Price wise, these caps are priced comparably to other similarly outfitted fiberglass caps from brands like Leer.

We have the RSI SmartCap in stock and ready to ship. Some accessories are available now, others will be available in the September/October time frame.

Questions? Please give us a call, shoot us a PM or check the products out online.

PH ——>>>> 888-466-8991

Web ——>>>> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

73gOIFU.jpg

8DRkkLq.jpg

MZJJd1V.jpg

XbvRmew.jpg

5vnIXT2.jpg

tVDflCF.jpg

BZHW3I8.jpg

Here is the RSI SmartKitchen

zS7DecC.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice cap. Unfortunate name. My eye keeps filling in the last little line segment to read SmartCaR. And whenever I read Smartxxx, I think SmartCar. Possibly not the association the company wants in the US. Of course, Ford does the same thing. I thought the “Eco” prefix was mildly stupid until I got the Ecosport loaner. Now I hate it with a burning purple passion.

OP
OP
OffroadAlliance.com

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice cap. Unfortunate name. My eye keeps filling in the last little line segment to read SmartCaR. And whenever I read Smartxxx, I think SmartCar. Possibly not the association the company wants in the US. Of course, Ford does the same thing. I thought the “Eco” prefix was mildly stupid until I got the Ecosport loaner. Now I hate it with a burning purple passion.

You can not base it off the EcoSport lol I have sold Fords and that little thing has 0 power, didn't even want to get it on a on ramp. But Ford does say it is not pronounced the same as the eco boost. The EcoSport name is actually pronounced Eco Sport, for what ever reason

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can not base it off the EcoSport lol I have sold Fords and that little thing has 0 power, didn't even want to get it on a on ramp.

Yeah, it may be tiny and powerless, but I'm not even getting 25mpg. How much does Ford have to pay to get people to take them?

OP
OP
OffroadAlliance.com

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it may be tiny and powerless, but I'm not even getting 25mpg. How much does Ford have to pay to get people to take them?

they didn’t sell for a while but some are actually buying them now. Not because of the looks, MPG, etc but because it’s a brand new vehicle they can get for less than 20k

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
they didn’t sell for a while but some are actually buying them now. Not because of the looks, MPG, etc but because it’s a brand new vehicle they can get for less than 20k

This one has keyless entry, hood stickers, nav, BLIS, aluminum wheels, and a bunch of other options that you pay out the nose for if it’s a Raptor. The display is the exact same one as the 801a and 802a except that it looks like it was screwed to the dash. Works the same way. Interesting that they’re so cheap.

OP
OP
OffroadAlliance.com

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one has keyless entry, hood stickers, nav, BLIS, aluminum wheels, and a bunch of other options that you pay out the nose for if it’s a Raptor. The display is the exact same one as the 801a and 802a except that it looks like it was screwed to the dash. Works the same way. Interesting that they’re so cheap.
If that one has all of that it’s probably around $25k it may have some of the same tech but it’s a 3rd of the six and how about that motor difference

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If that one has all of that it’s probably around $25k it may have some of the same tech but it’s a 3rd of the six and how about that motor difference

It has a motor? LOL Maybe it's the weight of the moonroof that's dogging it down. I just noticed that because it was ajar, and because I darned near look down at the roof. I'm glad I saw it before it sat out in the rain. Talk about polishing a ****. I'm really starting to get pissed at Ford. I get more pissed every time I get into that thing. Giving me that loaner was stupid on their part if they want me to be a Ford fan. Still no real word on what's going on. Their communication sucks, too. It feels like they're giving up.

Anyway, wrong thread for that, I just needed to vent. Nice topper. Pricey, but darned nice. I like the folding kitchen, too.

OP
OP
OffroadAlliance.com

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so back to the RSI SmartCap. Here's an awesome walkaround video showing the cap and quite a few optional accessories. And yes we know, it's a Tacoma. But for all of you that have been asking and messaging us, hope this helps.