NEW PRODUCT ALERT! * HPA Air Systems by KSI Engineering *

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HAYNES OFFROAD

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
While you can get HPA tanks filled at many places, we do recommend having them filled by places like Scuba shops as they use high quality breathing air with NO moisture. No moisture = no freezing valves.

This doesn't mean that if you get filled with regular air you will have issues, but it eliminates that problem completely. Co2 is stored as a liquid and can easily clog (freeze) up valves before it converts to a gas, especially when it is cold, or if the Co2 tank is on its side.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Updated original post with Estimated Retail pricing.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's the quality air that I offer. Class E air. Free for our FRF members.

R,
HAP

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

While you can get HPA tanks filled at many places, we do recommend having them filled by places like Scuba shops as they use high quality breathing air with NO moisture. No moisture = no freezing valves.

This doesn't mean that if you get filled with regular air you will have issues, but it eliminates that problem completely. Co2 is stored as a liquid and can easily clog (freeze) up valves before it converts to a gas, especially when it is cold, or if the Co2 tank is on its side.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Updated original post with Estimated Retail pricing.

Not to mention, the freezing Co2 will destroy O rings and other seals in liquid form...

OP
OP
HAYNES OFFROAD

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
I don't see anything protecting the valve (or top), like you see with C02 tanks. What would happen if the top breaks (looks longer than average). Will it become a flying missile? Or is there safety measures with this design to prevent that?

Also, can you use this sideways or does it need to be upright like CO2? I assume if you use Nitrogen, it would?

As per your first question, I am awaiting the official word from the manufacturer.

The valving has has two stages. It has the high pressure fill valve which is permanently (does come off for hydrostatic testing) mounted to the tank, and then a adjustable pressure regulator that is removable for storage/transport.
The main fill valve has a tank pressure gauge, which will show remaining tank pressure. The adjustable pressure regulator will also have a gauge that show the adjusted pressure.

You can use this tank in ANY position as the air is stored as a gas. There is no conversion. This goes for the Nitrogen as well.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Yep, that's the quality air that I offer. Class E air. Free for our FRF members.

Not to mention, the freezing Co2 will destroy O rings and other seals in liquid form...

Perfect!! That is awesome of you!

Another reason Co2 is not recommended for many uses.