New Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny you say that. While I was waiting for parts for the tranny and truck sat for a month without being driven. I put it on a battery tender two weeks in and I think it may have helped kill my battery and cause the weird electrical stuff I had going on.
How so? I mean, isn’t that the opposite of what they’re supposed to do?! I didn’t pursue electrical engineering heh, and have only a basic grasp of lead-acid, so curious.

OP
OP
Marspool

Marspool

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How so? I mean, isn’t that the opposite of what they’re supposed to do?! I didn’t pursue electrical engineering heh, and have only a basic grasp of lead-acid, so curious.
My theory is the battery was on its way out when my problems started. I put it on my battery tender that should fluctuate amps depending on battery needs or condition. Optima batteries are gel and not liquid per say. It seemed like every time I went into garage, the system was charging, literally for weeks. It may have overcharged the system. Coincidentally or not, my heat/AC blender actuator motor started clicking and failing after all this. I am no expert and this is just my theory, but me putting it on the battery tender was the catalyst to problems, not necessarily the cause.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My theory is the battery was on its way out when my problems started. I put it on my battery tender that should fluctuate amps depending on battery needs or condition. Optima batteries are gel and not liquid per say. It seemed like every time I went into garage, the system was charging, literally for weeks. It may have overcharged the system. Coincidentally or not, my heat/AC blender actuator motor started clicking and failing after all this. I am no expert and this is just my theory, but me putting it on the battery tender was the catalyst to problems, not necessarily the cause.
The actuator is just time and use related, has nothing to do with the battery, those little gears get stripped after repeated use.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The actuator is just time and use related, has nothing to do with the battery, those little gears get stripped after repeated use.
If it was the gear and not the position sensor...

Maybe coincidence, but recently my passenger side started acting odd (anything over 69 degrees was full-blast heat), I got some random “can’t read nav sd card” errors, shortly thereafter my battery died completely, replaced it, now passenger side blend motor is clicky-clicky. I suspect it’s position sensor failure. The gremlins are real heh, and they crave 12+ volts!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it was the gear and not the position sensor...

Maybe coincidence, but recently my passenger side started acting odd (anything over 69 degrees was full-blast heat), I got some random “can’t read nav sd card” errors, shortly thereafter my battery died completely, replaced it, now passenger side blend motor is clicky-clicky. I suspect it’s position sensor failure. The gremlins are real heh, and they crave 12+ volts!
Hey, I could be wrong, but I have literally changed hundreds of low voltage damper motors in my life, to do with my job and I have done it on my raptor as well. They use cheap plastic gears in the raptors, in HVAC the motor gear is metal but the driven gears are plastic, this is why they click. When you replace yours, take it apart and look inside the casing.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I could be wrong, but I have literally changed hundreds of low voltage damper motors in my life, to do with my job and I have done it on my raptor as well. They use cheap plastic gears in the raptors, in HVAC the motor gear is metal but the driven gears are plastic, this is why they click. When you replace yours, take it apart and look inside the casing.
Yes definitely will open it up!!

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All AGM batteries are particular about chargers. That's why any of the manufacturers will recommend an AGM specific charger with micro processing. If your battery drops below 10.5 volts a traditional charger may not charge it, or may damage the battery.

Plenty of info out there on charging AGM's, worth reading if your going to pony up for one.