New Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marspool

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2014 Ford Raptor 76,*** miles Scab

Had the valve body and connectors done last week at a local Dealership. Transmission issues seem to be resolved, but now have a new problem.
Twice now in last week the truck has shut off randomly. First time outside of a store while idling for 15-20 min while in park. Truck shuts off, dash goes black and no codes or wrench.Took key out and restarted with no issue. Then today while at a traffic light stopped and in Drive, truck shut off again. Put into park and restarted fine.
I’m guessing either a new intermittent electrical issue of something to do with air flow.
Any suggestions or ideas, I have some free time to get to the bottom of this over the next week.

OP
OP
Marspool

Marspool

FRF Addict
Reaction score
does the truck have power when it shuts down?
No, everything goes to black on dash and stereo shuts off.
No wrench or codes, (I have a nice ODB scanner waiting to be used).
Throttle body wouldn't act that way.

Same question as above.
The only reason I threw throttle body in there as a possibility is everything up to that point has been cleaned

Thanks for your guys thoughts.

OP
OP
Marspool

Marspool

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i would check battery connections. power and ground.
I will double and triple check the battery connections. I run a Optima Red top for 3.5 years now. Truck sat on a battery tender in my garage for about a month before tranny work last week. My blender motor behind the dash has been going nuts for the last week as well.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a weird thing happen to my Raptor a couple winters ago where all the electronics went wonky. After a week or so of no heater control and other odd behavior I took it to the dealer. No problem was found and when they finished everything works as it should. The connector to the pcm that the ids connected to was suspected to have lost connection and simply needed to be reseated.