New poster in West Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by bsmizzy07, Dec 3, 2012.

1. bsmizzy07

bsmizzy07 Member

Hi all! Ive lurked around here before (mainly scoping digs on dezert-worthy rims and the like) and was referred over here by Dan (whitelightning). We're both over at DTX and drive Dodges (gasp, :sorry:) but I have respect for the Raptor crowd. Mainly Im hopping over here hoping theres a few guys from the Permian area of West Texas that like to go wheel or make quick trips around the area to get out and stretch our trucks' legs. Theres just not that many dezert dodge guys in Texas but theres tons of Raptors here haha.

Also, maybe I can lend some off-road advice here and there (non-Raptor specific bits) and give back to the community however I can. I'll post up some pics of my ride in the next post.

2. Wilson

Wilson FRF Addict

I'm not predigest but Ford's rock Welcome

3. bsmizzy07

bsmizzy07 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its a 2006 Ram 2500, 5.9 CR Cummins, 6" Carli Bilstien 2.65" w/ ACV's Kit w/ Full LT Deavers and Carli Radius Arms, Carli low mount Fox SS, Carli lo-pro front truss, Carli end-links and Ball Joints, a Carli/Von Heimer Front Tube Bumper, and a Von Heimer rear Tube Bumper. Currently have 37" Toyo MT's and 17" Method Double Standards. Cycles a clean 13" front and rear.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Heres a nice series of pictures from the last trip I made to Ocotillo in February of last year:

This is on Pole Line Rd headed south just about 1.5 miles north of HWY 78...its a double roller, you can catch some nice air off the backside of the second roller at 60-75 mph.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company aka nosbusa Supporting Vendor

morning..........

5. Bluoval1118

Bluoval1118 Full Access Member

Welcome. I'm originally from Odessa. Where exactly are you at? I should be back in that area for the holidays and I try to go back there every couple months

6. bsmizzy07

bsmizzy07 Member

I live in Midland. I'll be back "home" where I grew up in South Houston from the 23rd-29th so I'll probably be out of town while youre here haha. I just saw the Texas Trails list in the SW forum...I still have to check out Outback adventure in Stanton...I drive by it everyday for work yet Ive never taken the truck out there to air it out. I would also love to let loose at Texana Ranch, but Ive only been out there to watch some BRT races.

7. KaiserM715

KaiserM715 Kaiser Söze Staff Member Admin

Welcome from Houston! I am originally from Midland. Outback is the only thing I know of out there. There was some stuff out at Twin Buttes in San Angelo, but it has been 10+ years since I have been out there.

If you run across anything else, let me know.

8. bsmizzy07

bsmizzy07 Member

Yeah I didnt realize part of the Twin Buttes deal was OHV. Been by there 100 times. The only other stuff I know of out here are old lease roads/ranch roads, and thats not exactly legal. Thankfully my company owns about 4 sections of land just northeast of town and there are some decent two-track roads and fun ROW's to bomb down and make a nice big loop out of. Definitely not an Ocotillo though...I miss whoop sections the most!

9. Raptizzle

Raptizzle FYT Staff Member Admin

:welcome:

10. BOJANGLES

BOJANGLES <span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp Supporting Member

welcome from El Paso