New owner question

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by blueDelusions, May 4, 2018.

1. blueDelusions

blueDelusions Member

Hello everyone! New owner of an 18 leadfoot Raptor. Absolutely love the truck! This isnt my first truck, but my first truck with 35s and a suspension like this.

I notice that I get some slight knocking I can feel through the steering wheel going over small bumps. I can't hear anything, only feel it in the steering wheel. It seems to possibly be related to how much load I have, ie no passengers I feel it more than with passengers.

Is this just the nature of the fox shocks/35" wheels, or is this something I should have looked at? Thx for your help!

2. Robtor310

Robtor310 FRF Addict

You shouldnt have any knocking you can feel through the steering wheel. If its consistent your best bet is to take it to the dealer and have them feel what you are describing.

SOAKINRED likes this.
  3. kandewinn

kandewinn Full Access Member

Get your air pressures right too. Come from the factory over inflated

4. BBLV

BBLV Full Access Member

I picked up my truck on Monday with 50 PSI in all tires.... Felt like I was bouncing around on rails all the way home.

Dropping them to 35 psi cold completely changed the ride. I'd recommend starting there, as mentioned above.

5. lawdog

lawdog Full Access Member

My truck has become awfully squeaky in the suspension at about 5K miles...anyone else? Also, there's a rattle like an exhaust hanger that the dealer said they "couldn't replicate". A little surprised...I have off-roaded some, bit nothing major.

6. murph145

murph145 Full Access Member

yup my rear sounds like a rusty spring.......

I have various rattles in my cabin too which are rather annoying.... kinda thinking twice about my raptor purchase. 70K on a truck that makes all these noises not worth it IMO

7. CUSTOMWHEELS4U

CUSTOMWHEELS4U Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Seems like Ford does this with all of them. Not to mention max PSI is only 45 on the OE tires

8. Cropdoc

Cropdoc Member

Fixed my ride and steering quality. Got a set of Ford 18" 64R rims and mounted Nitto Dura Grappler LT305/70R18 (35.28"dia) and put them at 35psi. Very happy..

9. kandewinn

kandewinn Full Access Member

My 2011 Raptor springs squeaked. It was the clamp that holds the individual springs together. Had to periodically shoot lubricant between the clamp and the spring, and the noise was gone. Personally, I think mine squeaked because I took it through automatic car washes that soaked/rusted the clamp.

10. TXRaptor

TXRaptor Full Access Member

Your Raptor fit through an automatic car wash? I never tried to fit mine in one, but I am surprised it fit width-wise.