New Owner Lighting ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up new 2019 this weekend. Like the idea of adding some additional lighting. The Baja designs reverse looks good and like the idea of a front light bar and front fogs that will not interfere with adaptive cruise (when driving in city/highway)

I’m pretty handy with mods but seriously strapped for time until Spring, so any local Seattle recs for install would be appreciated.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up new 2019 this weekend. Like the idea of adding some additional lighting. The Baja designs reverse looks good and like the idea of a front light bar and front fogs that will not interfere with adaptive cruise (when driving in city/highway)

I’m pretty handy with mods but seriously strapped for time until Spring, so any local Seattle recs for install would be appreciated.

Congrats on the new truck!

The Baja Designs S1 or S2 reverse kits are awesome. Very compact, easy to install and best of all have some great light output. Paired with our custom aux switch wiring harness for ultimate control over your lights, it's a very solid setup.

For front lighting, we recommend Baja Designs as well. They provide some great options for both street legal and off road use lighting. We also offer two great mounting options: our bezel kit for the OEM fit and finish look that completely fills the bumper openings and our new optimized universal bracket that provides the ultimate adjustability to ensure all lights are aligned just like you want them.

No matter our bezel kit or our optimized bracket, we pair these light kits with our custom Raptor specific wiring harness. Nothing like plug and play and cut to size for the Raptor, we make install easy.

For a light bar, the 30" Baja Designs S8 behind the grille light bar tucks away nicely but offers tons of light output. And none of these lights will interfere with the adaptive cruise control.

We've got all of this stuff in stock and ready to ship!

Give us a call, shoot us a message or check us out online!

PH: 888-466-8991

Web: OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

VkO9Eys.jpg

LCtxmcQ.jpg

CDVkvPu.jpg

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Welcome to the club. These Raptors are REAL fun. So you can do a lot with lighting. Some of the most popular upgrade options are

REVERSE KITS
S1 Reverse Kit: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-s1-reverse-light-kit/
S2 Reverse Kit: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-s2-reverse-light-kit/

The S2 kit was THE go-to kit for reverse lights on the Raptors. It's an easy bolt on kit and fits in nicely on the Raptors. Baja released their new S1 lights, which are half the size of the S2 and twice as bright as the S2 Sports. So you get more light in half the foot print. I like the S2 kit myself as I don't need CRAZY bright lights, but for the same price you can get the S1 kit with 2x the light and half the foot print. We offer both kits with an optional Upfitter Connection Kit, so you can run the reverse lights from one of the upfitters AND automatically when you go into reverse (out of the box the kits tap into your reverse lights automatically)

FOG LIGHTS
http://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-ford-raptor-triple-fog-light-kit-w-baja-designs-lights/
I'd recommend our SPP Triple Fog Light Kit. Our SPP Triple Fog Light Kits include everything you need in 1 easy to install kit.

-Stainless Steel Brackets made right here in America. Designed by a Roush dealer to serve a purpose (a high quality adjustable bracket)
-3 Pairs of Lights of your choosing so that you get the best bang for your buck
-A custom-made, Raptor specific all-in-one wiring harness to make things real quick and easy on the installation side
-All the nuts/bolts/instructions you need to get this bolt-on kit installed in no-time.

You can pick either Rigid Industries or Baja Designs lights with this kit. I recommend the Baja Designs lights. There's a lot of options here, so if you know what you want you can just pick it OR you can PM/email/text me and I can help you pick the right fog lights for your location.

OTHER LIGHTING
Now there's quite a few other options for additional lighting. Baja Designs makes 2 kits for the front. They have a 30" S8 bar for the upper (main) grille and then a 10" OnX6 bar for the lower (smaller) grille. Both tap into your factory upfitters as well

30" S8 Kit: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-30-s8-grille-led-light-bar-kit/
10" OnX6 Kit: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-onx6-lower-grille-led-kit/

And then we can go into even MORE lighting. You can install a nice small bracket to hold lights and then go nuts. I run the N-FAB Multi-Mount bar on our demo truck loaded with 4x Baja Designs LP9 Pros. These things are AWESOME. They put out a crazy amount of light and just light the road up

N-FAB Mount: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/n-fab-light-bar-w-multi-mount-led/
LP9 Lights: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-auxiliary-lights/baja-designs/lp9/

Another great option are pillar lights. We stock and sell brackets from SDHQ and Alternative Offroad. The most popular light are the XL80s from Baja Designs.

XL80: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-xl80-pair-driving-combo/

However you can do Squadrons or S2s and even S1s there. The sky is the limit.

Your best bet is shoot us a message/email/text and we'll help you design a setup for your ride. Here are some photos of our demo truck to give you an idea on what you can do with some easy to install bolt-on systems

71598891_10215654708496174_1340178092982796288_o.jpg

Here is what a customer of ours recently did. He went with LP6 on his pillars. Here is a shot during the install:

75625327_408116140110168_4471389331155582976_n.jpg

OP
OP
RCorsa

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the list of options. Just an FYI but you should talk to your site manager as the links you provided go the product page but then redirect to the review section of every item within a second so you can’t even look at the details.
Maybe it’s just on mobile (I have an iPhone 11 Pro) but you should discuss with your IT. Thanks again.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah it's a weird issue that only happens when you use a mobile phone. It puts the customer reviews up top instead of at the bottom. Only does it on mobile phones though. I'll yell at the plugin folks again.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That customer's truck is sick! I's love to see a shot of the output at night from the driver's seat!

(Yours is awesome too!)

NJGEN2

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck!

The Baja Designs S1 or S2 reverse kits are awesome. Very compact, easy to install and best of all have some great light output. Paired with our custom aux switch wiring harness for ultimate control over your lights, it's a very solid setup.

CDVkvPu.jpg

I agree with this 100%. Besides downpipes, this was the best modification I did. The only difference was I wired into reverse light via trailer wiring for instant on in reverse. That worked best for my application, not sure about your needs.

I just sold my 17 and have a Triple Bezel setup purchased from Raptor Lights w/ (2) Baja Design spots, (2) Baja Design driving combo, (2) KC Flex w/ amber covers. Includes wiring harness. Contact me if interested. No pressure, haven’t even posted for sale yet. Just an example of what’s out there.