NEW OPTION FOR 12INCH HEAD UNIT?? Need help! AUDIO UPGRADE GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gents, I need some help! A few months ago i asked some questions about Phoneix systes VS LinkSYS. - though these are VERY POPULAR upgrades no one was 100% Happy from what i read ..etc.etc

THEN I SAW THIS NEWER HEAD UNIT
here is the system i am looking at

Of course i am scared like shit to upgrade and then LOSE MY FACTORY STIRING WHEEL CONTROLS and CAMERAS!!

My truck is more complicated so looking for input!! I bought truck USED 2019 with a shit ton of UPGRADES.. one was the AUDIO system,...
I am not a techie, but here is what i do know about my TRUCK
1) originally is HAD THE OEM B&O AUDIO SYSTEM, then the ORIGINA OWNER had a PROFESSIONAL SYSTEM INSTALL with the following components..
1st HE HAS THE ZESUS - system little BLUE/GREY BOX- which i believe its use to ALLOW AUDIO EQUIPEMTN TO WORK WITH FACTORY SYSTEM
then he had installed a professional audio SET-UP BEHIND THE SET- with 2 cross overs, 2 amps, and a SUB - very nice system

The system sounds great, BUT I AM GETTING A INCH FOR A BIGGER HEAD UNIT!!!..

So here are my questions
1) DO I STILL HAVE THE B&O SYSTEM IN MY TRUCK ? because it does use the ZESUS- reason i ask this is because the NEW HEADUNITS states " MUST HAVE B& O system! i am guessing i dont have a B&O system any more!
2) ANYONE HEARD OF THIS NEW HEAD UNIT

3) IF I GET THIS INSTALLED DO I NEED t remove the ZEUS?

thakns for any input!

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me MUST retain all Sync features to include app lock/unlock, schedule auto start, etc. Also must have analog AC controls that do not shut down the AC when the tablet freezes (cant tell what the controls are under the screen). Pretty sure this is a GUA head unit that the original version did not support any of that. But absolutely could be wrong.

"These are the things I need to know".

I asked, will see what they say.

Blademan, post some pics and The Car Stereo Company guy will most likely have your answers.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me MUST retain all Sync features to include app lock/unlock, schedule auto start, etc. Also must have analog AC controls that do not shut down the AC when the tablet freezes (cant tell what the controls are under the screen). Pretty sure this is a GUA head unit that the original version did not support any of that. But absolutely could be wrong.

"These are the things I need to know".

I asked, will see what they say.

Blademan, post some pics and The Car Stereo Company guy will most likely have your answers.
oh sure just wh ore me out like that

OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guy. Really appreciate help..
Equipment I currently have and plan on keeping
Kicker 1000.1 iq
Kick 500.4 iq
Kicker 2 crossovers
Some little kicker black box car interface
And a nav.tv

Just looking at upgrading the headunit. I am guessing if I let a pro due it he will remove the nav.tv and add new head unit. Now original factory system IS A B&O. NOT SURE IF THAT MATTERS anymore.

Thaka

Attachments

• Resized_20220802_090856.jpeg
    Resized_20220802_090856.jpeg
    538.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Resized_20220802_090948.jpeg
    Resized_20220802_090948.jpeg
    17.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Resized_20220802_091010.jpeg
    Resized_20220802_091010.jpeg
    383.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Resized_20220802_090939.jpeg
    Resized_20220802_090939.jpeg
    602.3 KB · Views: 86

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Keep what you have, those screens are half baked. Not worth losing any features or functions for the bigger screen. Just my opinion. My wife has the Ram with the big screen and I like my small screen and hard buttons more. That's just me though.

OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep what you have, those screens are half baked. Not worth losing any features or functions for the bigger screen. Just my opinion. My wife has the Ram with the big screen and I like my small screen and hard buttons more. That's just me though.
"half baked" actually what i was thinking!!! -- I was just getting nutty over all these monster SCREENS and coolness..lol .. my friend had a RAM and said yea it looks cool but never really uses it.. I use my MOUNT WITH A TABLET and ANRIOD PLAY which is pretty cool .. I think if GEN II owners had a seamless option for T SCREEN like gen3 it would be a win-win.. thanks !

BLJ

Reaction score
Look into the Yulu E10 plus 12 inch screen. It supports almost every OEM functions.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only thing I envy of the Gen 3 crowd (big screen)... the freakin text can't go any larger on my phone that's already too big for easy one handed operation (opperator opperating opperationaly)!

And then there is the envy I have over the Wife's Benz that not only do the "screens" take up half the car, but the back up resolution looks damn near 4k!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts