New nitto exo grappler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwakgp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on how you mean "because of the siping". It's likely because of the siping that they were able to achieve the required performance but you can't obtain the snowflake symbol just for a design. The tire has to perform a certain percentage (25% iirc) better than a reference tire on some ice and snow tests. Some snow tires now are much better than that though and there is only the one rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on how you mean "because of the siping". It's likely because of the siping that they were able to achieve the required performance but you can't obtain the snowflake symbol just for a design. The tire has to perform a certain percentage (25% iirc) better than a reference tire on some ice and snow tests. Some snow tires now are much better than that though and there is only the one rating. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I was asking because the tread alone didn't strike me as a snow tire tread.

Master Yoda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35" EXO Grapplers......

.......so far, so good. Nothing off road just yet, only got home a bit ago. I can report their highway manners are good, having a bit more hum at interstate speed than Terra Grapplers, but that was expected. Definitely quieter than my worn out BFG's.

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 190