New nitto exo grappler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Coopers are already out. Nitto is coming out with a hybrid mt / at there's already a thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwakgp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just stumbled on these today while helping a buddy find tires for his Tacoma. They look pretty cool. I was planning on buying Duratracs before winter, wish I knew when these were coming out and how they compare on ice/snow performance.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still trying decide if I like the tread. I don't think this will be in the same class as the R/T or the cooper. This will have the Severe Weather/Snowflake symbol. The R/T barely has any sipes. The RT is more attractive in my opinion though. I'd say the ST Maxx and The RT are in the same class but this is closer to the Duratrac class

2ebag7l.jpg
2ljm1kj.jpg

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the new Nitto is a good alternative to Duratrac's. Can't wait to hear some personal reviews regarding this tire.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Not for me. No side lug. No gap at outside of tread. Fine for street. will suck in the mud in my opinion. OEM BFG's have more side tread for mud than these.

Cooper Discoverer SST is what I am running. They also have a less lugged discoverer S/T, older tread pattern and this Discoverer S/T MAXX. This S/T MAXX looks like an O.K. all around tire.

http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Light-Truck.aspx

BDRAG

Last edited: