New New 2018 stains on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. It’s stained, I’ve tried a few interior cleaners. I took it to the dealer and they said they got it off but it came back and is still there. I’m pretty sure it’s a defect. Yeah it looks like the whole dash would have to be replaced. It’s really disappointing on a $70k truck. I’ve had a few friends look at it and all of them said they wouldn’t accept it. I’ll keep working with the dealer on it
Hey did you get your dash fixed? Mine is scratched. I was going to replace it myself since the dealer told me to f off, you can barley see it. I downloaded the Ford service tech manual for $25 for 72 hours of use and it's labor intensive. You have to remove front and rear seats, console, entire carpet, duct work under seats, abs shit, steering wheel and all dash parts. Guess I'm selling mine with 2500 miles on it and get a 19 in the summer.

OP
OP
S

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey did you get your dash fixed? Mine is scratched. I was going to replace it myself since the dealer told me to f off, you can barley see it. I downloaded the Ford service tech manual for $25 for 72 hours of use and it's labor intensive. You have to remove front and rear seats, console, entire carpet, duct work under seats, abs shit, steering wheel and all dash parts. Guess I'm selling mine with 2500 miles on it and get a 19 in the summer.

Hey fordloco, I’ve taken it to 2 dealers and both said they couldn’t remove it. I don’t want to replace the dashboard even if they would as my fear is it will cause more rattles. I’m going to try and trade for a 2020 if I can but this time I will inspect the truck very thoroughly before purchase. Really disappointing for a $70k truck. Most people would never notice but I do and it bothers me.

Please let me know how it goes for you.

Good luck bro

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a dash mat if it really bothers you looking at it. Less than $100 and 10 minutes to install.

OP
OP
S

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a dash mat if it really bothers you looking at it. Less than $100 and 10 minutes to install.

Shouldn’t be there at all on such a new and expensive truck IMO. It’s a Manufacturing defect in the plastic, a new truck with less than 1200 miles should be pretty close to perfect

Last edited:

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldn’t be there at all on such a new and expensive truck IMO. It’s a Manufacturing defect in the plastic, a new truck with less than 1200 miles should be pretty close to perfect
I agree, but if they're not gonna fix it, taking the truck apart to replace the dash doesn't seem worth the hassle. Even with low miles, you'll lose some money trading. At least a cover looks like it's there to protect the dash.