New New 2018 stains on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone seen this before? I recently noticed these small stains on my dash on my new 2018, I’ve tried a few different cleaners and can’t get it off. Thought about a magic eraser but afraid it may scratch up the dash

Any thoughts?

A60CAA85-75B7-44B6-8616-DAC094E51782.jpeg

BajaLaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one that looks like oil on the leather. Tried everything but the eraser. If anyone knows let’s hear some solutions.

drewabbs

Reaction score
Could be some residue from the adhesives used to set the dash material. IMO, I would not use a magic eraser on it.
Standard Interior cleaner, let the sun have its way.
Other options: put some sunglasses on and dont look at it, or take it to the dealership if you think its an issue.

Mine looks like it has mud, dust, and dog hair all over it....oh wait.

jerkstore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be hesitant to use magic eraser on the interior... They can really take stuff off. If you do, try it on a similar material in a spot you don't see first. See if tears up the interior there before you use it in a high vis area like your dash.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try using an interior protectant and wipe with a microfiber cloth. If that doesn't work, try a little WD-40 and gently wipe. Looks like it may be some sort of adhesive.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dash was scuffed in the same area with 15 miles on the truck. Is your dash scuffed or stained? Unfortunately for me there's no fix unless I replace the entire dash. It's probaly an assembly defect when they install the dash. I took mine to the dealer, they called Ford and they basically said f'off, it's a truck, you can barely see it. So much for quality on a 75k truck.

Last edited:

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine doesn't look that bad, but similar. I agree it is most likely adhesive or something similar, and to NOT use a magic eraser (which is abrasive).

I've cleaned it a few times with interior cleaner and a microfiber, and it has gotten better. Think nearly 2 years of sun coupled with cleaning is wearing it down.

OP
OP
S

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dash was scuffed in the same area with 15 miles on the truck. Is your dash scuffed or stained? Unfortunately for me there's no fix unless I replace the entire dash. It's probaly an assembly defect when they install the dash. I took mine to the dealer, they called Ford and they basically said f'off, it's a truck, you can barely see it. So much for quality on a 75k truck.

Thanks for the responses. It’s stained, I’ve tried a few interior cleaners. I took it to the dealer and they said they got it off but it came back and is still there. I’m pretty sure it’s a defect. Yeah it looks like the whole dash would have to be replaced. It’s really disappointing on a $70k truck. I’ve had a few friends look at it and all of them said they wouldn’t accept it. I’ll keep working with the dealer on it

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
has anyone seen this before? I recently noticed these small stains on my dash on my new 2018, I’ve tried a few different cleaners and can’t get it off. Thought about a magic eraser but afraid it may scratch up the dash

Any thoughts?

View attachment 116332
I have the same on my 2019, looks like scuffs that don’t come out. You don’t really notice it until you got and wipe it down and when you try it looks the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk