New mud flaps- highly recommended!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trugrit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed or seen the Ford Splash Guards on a Raptor? They showed up when you could build a 2011 on Ford.com but do not show up for the 2012s. I like that they had the Blue Oval and would hopefully look stock.

SERG09

Hi Ho Silver
Reaction score
i got new mud flaps for 1, and 2 no mud flaps on the face of the earth are gonna help 40mph through a mud puddle lol
I hear that!! I'm just wondering if anybody has found anything that will keep the winter shit out of the door handle or is it a lost cause. We average something like 120+ inches of snow a year here so I find the handles always full of crap.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I hear that!! I'm just wondering if anybody has found anything that will keep the winter shit out of the door handle or is it a lost cause. We average something like 120+ inches of snow a year here so I find the handles always full of crap.

for normal road spray without spinning tires, the flaps i had last year(in the original post) performed admirably and the only place the truck got blasted was on the rear fender. if you're spinning wheels, no comment.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering some mud flaps for the front this winter. Even if its just enough to keep the GIANT ice build up under the steps behind the front tires.

Danradman

Reaction score
for normal road spray without spinning tires, the flaps i had last year(in the original post) performed admirably and the only place the truck got blasted was on the rear fender. if you're spinning wheels, no comment.
Birdman....Great info on the mudflaps. Your's look awesome. I order a set of the Style 8 type from JC Whitney and was about to install today. What I noticed is that the metal lip of the fender is directly behind the grey plastic fender flare. Seems that in order to fully screw the mudflaps in, I would have to screw thru the metal fender lip. Is that the case? Or is there a way to secure the flap to the grey plastic fender flare only? Any steer here would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Birdman....Great info on the mudflaps. Your's look awesome. I order a set of the Style 8 type from JC Whitney and was about to install today. What I noticed is that the metal lip of the fender is directly behind the grey plastic fender flare. Seems that in order to fully screw the mudflaps in, I would have to screw thru the metal fender lip. Is that the case? Or is there a way to secure the flap to the grey plastic fender flare only? Any steer here would be greatly appreciated.

i originally used 3 screws to secure them and they only penetrated the fender flares. i ended up adding a 4th screw later on. when i removed my fender flares to have them painted i did actually check the fender underneath and the screws didn't go in to the fender so i don't think they're long enough. i recommend using some 3M tape on the outer part that forms to the outside of the flare because they do move around a bit and might scratch if dirt gets behind it. hope this helps.

just make sure the pilot holes you drill are as small as possible so the threads get some good bite.

Danradman

Reaction score
BIRDMAN said:
i originally used 3 screws to secure them and they only penetrated the fender flares. i ended up adding a 4th screw later on. when i removed my fender flares to have them painted i did actually check the fender underneath and the screws didn't go in to the fender so i don't think they're long enough. i recommend using some 3M tape on the outer part that forms to the outside of the flare because they do move around a bit and might scratch if dirt gets behind it. hope this helps.

just make sure the pilot holes you drill are as small as possible so the threads get some good bite.

Thanks Birdman. Will try.

outdoorsmen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How well do they do against rocks hitting the truck. I'm having a terrible time with this stock tires holding rocks and then letting them fly.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
How well do they do against rocks hitting the truck. I'm having a terrible time with this stock tires holding rocks and then letting them fly.

they do a nice job of filling that triangle shaped between the fender and step side

Johnnyjeep

Reaction score
What size and brand are these??

What size and brand are these? They look great to me! Thanks!

Some pictures of my mudflaps. Same one as BIRDMANS. Instant improvement. Autozone doesn't have them on their website, local store said they didn't, and as soon as I got there they had 2 sets on the shelf...WTF. Fixed about 90-95% of the splash up of snow and water. I put on the front and back, first tried the fronts only, and loved the fact that cars behind me were getting sprayed a ton, but decided i liked the look of all 4. Truck is wet from recent car wash, not actual spray up of water/snow.