New Motor??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for the past year or so I keep telling my local, I say local but it's the closest dealership to me at 60 miles away, dealership that my trucks been burning anywhere from 1-2qts of oil between changes and there a ticking/clicking noise coming from the engine bay. They kept telling me it's normal engine noise and not to worry about it.

After enough complaining they decided to swap the cam phasers which didn't do anything and I also asked them to change the oil. I usually just have that done closer to home. They say my oil pan needs replaced, MY18 with the plastic pan. All of that took place early December. We drove to TX to Christmas as we do every year, made it back to NE KY a week later. It's only been driven a few days in the past two weeks but this last Sunday as im getting the truck ready for a snow run with MOE guys in Michigan I get a CEL and low oil pressure warning light that won't go away.

Had the truck towed to the dealer and they said no oil pressure, something's been wrong for awhile, no kidding, and it's damaged the head and the block so they are putting in the paperwork to Ford for a whole new motor. I'm glad I was only at 57k so it's covered but it just seems like it's one thing after another with this truck.

Still can't get ford to figure out why every one of my tpms sensors fails after 30 minutes of driving either after two years of taking it in.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you have an incompetent service dept. At least you are getting a new motor hopefully, that will solve a lot of those issues. We've all been there and over the years have learned to pick and choose a dealer, once you find a good one, stick with them and they will usually stick by you as well, doesn't matter what make of vehicle you have, unless its a chevy, 'cause then they all suck! :33:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your dealer is incompetent. There is a TSB to reflash the PCM and replace both valve covers to resolve the oil consumption issue. It has absolutely nothing to do with the camshaft sprockets. Not sure how they managed to drop the ball that badly, that is pathetic.

ericburney

Desert is the best medicine
Reaction score
I'm dealing with the TPMS failure issue as well....My dealer tried but tapped out so I have a Ford Engineer
coming out to diagnose....think it has to do with a faulty BCM
kMDzypw190ZGqnzHVfDj2mM9XNUxVZgUl1aQjRtndejxk6EvzYohTkcrRWC41Xd4QwSpljLPOlgx0WBqD5l1t7pzW-HSTYpTonG1GW6RosD8rPUdKHmpjNRLXN5Plrls3C0ybLLJQx90t9K9-9_M7LaYWbyYdvsp7bjDkYfLjNesDNec6DXMI9fXaB3IlqFth1yfB8l-YY9hj1HjCptcNlPUaU_HMwDRZBbq_AWPVYe7fAUdyH8E_tzS5K3ZM1H9OAEkpfaHm_m0B-mCULnqA61dQ4uicb2s04yBdSj2oMH9Gco4StPjik4oScVeyWuamEBAG0XPnglNkVqBBJJXu8Q_a7bgclKt8pMqQA1Dal1O3q_ASul8PEXHx1XZaNRHi9ZUFblFiSkwmsCxvRv9zFWDMtUuqMLHDXKu-5fFGQ-PG9uOzEkJwH3453fHpYWMBw0uiiGB6fpojt9nCfmVsg4c6y19eTETvhCCUV8rT1TLDdSWnV6a9uEoT15N02FSuNX2IHd82jXvbYVSoMvn9KeVuoCuVap7w11NmDAY2SIQJU7Rcjj7n1GwyS9h2iuZMG_vp9UqJy4BR5vPj1kXRQjuIMLncVn7dq1YAm7rdVJsM_iQGd-JxDt2RlTWBwiPcVEVXFdqEhXtdXjanMfn6E8uz-6sbg80OK3-UrbGG-qV2FCwcqboGIBU6nbTkUc=w1350-h880-no

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The incompetence is wide spread, I took my Raptor to the dealer a couple days ago to have the PATS diagnosed and all they did was confirm what I told them was not working. I was so pissed that I left the dealership until I cooled off. A couple hours later I went back and asked in a polite manner how they determined the 3rd brake light and key were bad and needed to be replaced. The service writer stated that the red leds were not lit so that means it's bad and the key is bad because when you press the lock button nothing happens. I then asked what DTC codes if any were present and he said why would we look for codes and what would we look for. Needless to say I left there more pissed than before.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm dealing with the TPMS failure issue as well....My dealer tried but tapped out so I have a Ford Engineer
coming out to diagnose....think it has to do with a faulty BCM
kMDzypw190ZGqnzHVfDj2mM9XNUxVZgUl1aQjRtndejxk6EvzYohTkcrRWC41Xd4QwSpljLPOlgx0WBqD5l1t7pzW-HSTYpTonG1GW6RosD8rPUdKHmpjNRLXN5Plrls3C0ybLLJQx90t9K9-9_M7LaYWbyYdvsp7bjDkYfLjNesDNec6DXMI9fXaB3IlqFth1yfB8l-YY9hj1HjCptcNlPUaU_HMwDRZBbq_AWPVYe7fAUdyH8E_tzS5K3ZM1H9OAEkpfaHm_m0B-mCULnqA61dQ4uicb2s04yBdSj2oMH9Gco4StPjik4oScVeyWuamEBAG0XPnglNkVqBBJJXu8Q_a7bgclKt8pMqQA1Dal1O3q_ASul8PEXHx1XZaNRHi9ZUFblFiSkwmsCxvRv9zFWDMtUuqMLHDXKu-5fFGQ-PG9uOzEkJwH3453fHpYWMBw0uiiGB6fpojt9nCfmVsg4c6y19eTETvhCCUV8rT1TLDdSWnV6a9uEoT15N02FSuNX2IHd82jXvbYVSoMvn9KeVuoCuVap7w11NmDAY2SIQJU7Rcjj7n1GwyS9h2iuZMG_vp9UqJy4BR5vPj1kXRQjuIMLncVn7dq1YAm7rdVJsM_iQGd-JxDt2RlTWBwiPcVEVXFdqEhXtdXjanMfn6E8uz-6sbg80OK3-UrbGG-qV2FCwcqboGIBU6nbTkUc=w1350-h880-no

Any aftermarket components installed? I have seen a devices as simple as a cell phone charger take out the TPMS signals. Stock wheels and tires as well? The BCM is a possibility, but it's the least like root cause. It may be as simple as a faulty sensor.

OP
OP
Jace21583

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have an incompetent service dept. At least you are getting a new motor hopefully, that will solve a lot of those issues. We've all been there and over the years have learned to pick and choose a dealer, once you find a good one, stick with them and they will usually stick by you as well, doesn't matter what make of vehicle you have, unless its a chevy, 'cause then they all suck! :33:
It doesn't make it at all easy that this is the closest dealer at 60 miles each way. They just keep getting farther and farther away, which makes me second guess my bronco reservation and potential gen 3 purchase.