Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

NEW MOD: The BEST Alarm LED indicator for our trucks! [VIDEO]

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Predator, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Predator

Predator Full Access Member

Unfortunately, over the last year I've seen far too many people posting about their trucks being broken into, so last year I worked with my internal product development team to create a modified version of the Collision Alert HUD that can moonlight as an Alarm LED whenever the truck is locked. The idea is that, this adds another layer of deterrence to anyone casually coming into contact with our trucks, which would cause them to further evaluate whether or not they should break-in. As it sits now, our trucks appear to criminals as not having any sort of alarm.

I've been testing it for nearly a year now on my Raptor (without fail), and after countless requests I've decided to bring these to market in limited quantities.

We've developed this to work as expected, just as if it came from Ford this way, and quite frankly, I'm surprised it didn't. It works whether you lock the truck with the key fob, touch the handle, press the keypad, or Ford Pass app... doesn't matter, the LED will immediately start blinking as intended. It has a super low power draw, so it will virtually never kill the battery, not even after a month of letting the truck sit. We've obsessively tested it, through and through.

We start with a brand new OEM Ford Collision Alert HUD module, and from there, we integrate our custom piggyback circuit board and wiring harness. Our circuit boards are production fabricated and machine-assembled to our stringent specifications.

Prerequisites to ensure compatibility with your truck... (you must have ALL 3)
    1. 2015—2018 Ford F-150 only (Ford removed the LED HUD on the 2019+)
    2. Collision Alert System (you'll have the LED array on your dash under the windshield)
    3. Ford 'Perimeter Plus' Shock Sensor (optional plug-and-play accessory from Ford, none of the trucks have it from the factory, 5-10 minute install)

Installation only takes 5 minutes...
    1. Carefully pry up the plastic trim around your existing Collision Alert HUD (secured by two pressure clips)
    2. Unplug the connector from the existing Collision Alert HUD
    3. Swap the Collision Alert HUD with your NEW modified version
    4. Drop the blue LED signal wire down the dash
    5. Reconnect the factory connector
    6. Press firmly on the trim to snap everything back into place
    7. Plug the blue LED signal wire into the Ford 'Perimeter Plus' shock sensor
    8. DONE!

Due to low part availability at Ford, our first production run is LIMITED to only 25 units... (and of course, fellow FRF members get first dibs!)

The price is $199.99 w/FREE shipping via Amazon. Get yours before they sell out!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q35QP3P/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

• 100% PLUG-AND-PLAY INSTALLATION
    • MANUFACTURED AND ASSEMBLED IN USA
    • HIGH QUALITY SOLID STATE COMPONENTS
    • 2 YEAR WARRANTY
    • PATENT PENDING

Please let me know if you have any questions! :favorites37:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    WillieFlo likes this.
  2. Predator

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  3. Predator

4. Predator

FIVE already sold... thanks guys!
    :favorites13:

5. Predator

We're now at SEVEN sold!

6. GR8Ride

GR8Ride Full Access Member

We need to buy the perimeter plus? If so how much?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Predator

Yes — unless you have already installed one yourself, you would need to buy the 'Perimeter Plus' shock sensor from Ford. They never come pre-installed from the factory.

In my opinion, regardless of the custom LED module I'm selling, the shock sensor add-on is a must have accessory, and will even alert you via FordPass app if someone slams their vehicle door into your truck or worse, backs into you in a parking lot.

Most people usually buy them from TascaParts.com as they typically have much better pricing over your local dealer.

Part number varies by year... You can find the part numbers here (select your year below) and then copy paste into TascaParts search...

2017: https://accessories.ford.com/vehicles/f-150/2017/electronics/vehicle-security-dv-194-118.html

2018: https://accessories.ford.com/vehicles/f-150/2018/electronics/vehicle-security-dv-194-122.html

2019:
    https://accessories.ford.com/vehicles/f-150/2019/electronics/vehicle-security-dv-194-122.html

smurfslayer likes this.
  8. GR8Ride

Ok thank you! I think I’m a very optimistic guy but what am I missing? If I buy the Ford perimeter plus for $200 and the 15.00 LED light which you can get brighter bulbs and different colors on Amazon if preferred, I’m in it for $185 less.

BIG TIME BALLER likes this.
  9. Predator

I too did that in the beginning, but honestly, all of the existing Alarm LED indicator options are puny and require you to drill a hole in your dash. This is the only one befitting a truck such as the Raptor. It really stands out at night when you're near the truck it gives the illusion that your truck has a bad ass alarm system, way better than stock. Everyone that sees it in person wants one for their truck.

10. GR8Ride

I agree! I like what you’ve come up with. Does it change anything to the collision alert system?