New Mid Tenn Raptor Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlrmade

Reaction score
Wanted to start off first by saying thank you to everybody that posts on this forum. You guys definitely helped me do my research and know what to look for.

Also.....the 2 Raptors Lead Foot and Avalanche ones in Columbia TN....seemed a little rough bc I looked at them and didnt even bother driving them. Lead foot was having a lot of work done to it at the dealer (manifold replacement, passenger side turbo and wastegate looked brand new as well) and the Avalanche sounded like it needs cam phasers on cold start and driver side valve cover was leaking oil.

I ended up picking up a 2018 802A Avalanche White with 94k. Was a local trade in from Kentucky.

They were asking $49k...got them down to $47k and negotiated $2k more for my trade in so can basically can say I paid $45k with 94k miles.

Truck also came with a trifold bed cover and founder a Livernois tuner under backseat.

Now for a few questions:

-Shocks rebuilt? I cant tell if i need it or not? I havent ridden in many raptors before. Anybody come recommended in the Middle TN area for the work? I also may get some Eibach springs installed at the same time to help level the front out.

-I need new sway bar end links. Factory ones still the best option? what are the torque specs on the bolts?

-Fog lights/light bar.....I want to do it right and do it once.....I want them to be able to reach out bc I live and drive in the country with a lot of deer....but i dont want it to drastically change the look of the front end. Im thinking ones that go behind grill. Which ones should I do? Also love the look of the yellow ones with the running lights....?

-Exhaust Tips.....whats the best way to clean these? Or should i just clean, sand and spray them black?

-With Apple Car Play on.....is there any way to see the outside temperature on any gauges?

-Maintenance....I know what the factory says but what should I do and at what mileages? Should i trust my local shop to do the work or should I just let the local dealer perform the work? Mainly the transmission fluid and diff fluids is what im curious about. I am planning on doing one of the ESPs after beggining of year.

-Is there any way to reset the auto wipers? Then seem like they’re doing a little too much work?

Thanks again and im sure I will have more questions in the future!

Attachments

• 07206C67-9C42-4343-9230-588E512AD6E0.jpeg
    07206C67-9C42-4343-9230-588E512AD6E0.jpeg
    378.1 KB · Views: 21

slow_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!! I own a 2017 Avalanche Grey Raptor with now 98k miles. I'm in the process of either buying new shocks or just sending mine to get rebuilt. Regarding the exhaust tips I cut mine off, sanded and powdercoated them satin black. Mine had seen better days. I purchased my truck with 80k miles about a year ago for $54k out the door and have not had any issues other than temp rising to 230 degrees when towing. A 170 thermostat upgraded did the job for me here in Texas.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius
I ended up picking up a 2018 802A Avalanche White with 94k. Was a local trade in from Kentucky.
Nice!
-Shocks rebuilt? I cant tell if i need it or not? I havent ridden in many raptors before.
Your suspension should keep the wheels in contact with the surface at pretty high speeds over unexpectedly rough stuff. If it floats over them and doesn’t maintain contact, then time for a rebuild.
-Fog lights/light bar.....I want to do it right and do it once
Rigid or Baja Design are the 2 most favored brands on here. Don’t go cheap.
I 6 forward facing BD squadron pros. 2 are SAE fogs, 1x amber combo pair and one white combo pair. The white squadrons come on with my LP4’s.
I find those are plenty for back road deer. Be very careful about running anything bigger than a squadron pro on the street, and definitely make sure they’re aimed properly. shut them down immediately if you see oncoming traffic. the last thing you want is to night blind someone and have them plow into you.

-Exhaust Tips.....whats the best way to clean these?
Soap and water.
-With Apple Car Play on.....is there any way to see the outside temperature on any gauges?
No.
-Maintenance....I know what the factory says but what should I do and at what mileages?
Probably Differentials; maybe get an oil sample analyzed as well.
-Is there any way to reset the auto wipers? Then seem like they’re doing a little too much work?
Not aware, but they can be fooled by windshield ‘fog’. Run the defroster and see if that helps any.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats!!! I own a 2017 Avalanche Grey Raptor with now 98k miles. I'm in the process of either buying new shocks or just sending mine to get rebuilt. Regarding the exhaust tips I cut mine off, sanded and powdercoated them satin black. Mine had seen better days. I purchased my truck with 80k miles about a year ago for $54k out the door and have not had any issues other than temp rising to 230 degrees when towing. A 170 thermostat upgraded did the job for me here in Texas.
any drone getting rid of the tips?

Speedemon

Reaction score

Ford S2 Sport Dual Reverse Light Kit by Baja Desigh are the bomb. Very bright and works great for someone flashing hi beams. Look great and fit great. Also replace tag light bulbs with LEDs, but with low lumen output. POPO don't need help reading your tag.​

Attachments

• 20171202_121112.jpeg
    20171202_121112.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20171202_121136.jpeg
    20171202_121136.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 4