New method race wheels @ sdhq

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Saw these on a Toyota today. I like... Didn't I see a deal for 2000 for these + toyos or soemthing?

MD

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like sidewall too much. Looks more like the tradtional off-roaders of yesteryear. They didn't have 'rubber band' mud tires.

I'm with talonted, AII, and SOCOM..... when it comes to the 17 vs 20 debate, I am and forever will be a 17 guy when it comes to the Rap. I need AND like the looks of sidewall.

I like these new Methods. I don't take issue with the ***-look that some of you are describing. I think these things would look pretty boss on a Rap.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm with talonted, AII, and SOCOM..... when it comes to the 17 vs 20 debate, I am and forever will be a 17 guy when it comes to the Rap. I need AND like the looks of sidewall.

I like these new Methods. I don't take issue with the ***-look that some of you are describing. I think these things would look pretty boss on a Rap.

i was accually hoping on dropping down to 15's and 35's for the raptor, but i guess 17 is the smallest the calipers will allow. yes im redneck, i want small rims and lotsa rubber!

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was accually hoping on dropping down to 15's and 35's for the raptor, but i guess 17 is the smallest the calipers will allow. yes im redneck, i want small rims and lotsa rubber!

you are correct, 17" is as small as you can go due to the brake setup.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Yup, the only reason for me to go up in rim size would be to clear bigger brakes... Let me know if you want to upgrade BO! I'll take your old played out methods ;) I mean those are so last year... :drool:

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only reason you should be running a 20" wheel in the dezert is if you're running a tire larger than 39". Otherwise you need the sidewall flex unless you like blowing tires

IMO this is the only time a rim larger than 17" should be on a truck...
FordRaptorDUMPED.jpg

Well said. This is good advice and hope people listen and don't find out the hard way.