New member / order update 2023

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Here1Am

Reaction score
What’s up all - I’ve been following threads here for the better part of a year. This is by far the best Raptor forum out there, so thanks community.

So I placed an order for a 21 801A in Sept 2021. The order was confirmed on 10/24/21 by FMC. Then a week later the order got kicked to 2022 with a mild price increase. Then in 03/22 I received an apology / acknowledgment from Ford stating they know I’m waiting and will update me soon. BTW I am assured MSRP from the dealer since I’m a local loyal customer.

I just heard from Ford and am now kicked to 2023 and they are not sure if price protection is in play but believe I will receive some sort of price incentive to offset any increase. They mentioned Ford pass points? This has been extremely frustrating for sure. Hanging in there with hope of price protection and MSRP.

Positive vibes…..

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Does your dealer even have an allocation? If they don’t, you won’t ever get the truck.

Hotrod-Realtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your dealer even have an allocation? If they don’t, you won’t ever get the truck.

Never say never! My dealer sold all of their allocations but scrounged me one up.

Reaction score
I just ordered a 2023 Raptor, so my long wait now begins. Dealer had me remove some options saying that if I keep them on it will take "longer", of coarse no idea of how much "longer" or how "long" it will be in general. They removed the spray-in bed liner, Tonneau cover, told me because of chip shortages, Ford has removed the heated steering wheel option. I can live without it, and add the other items later. Now in the mean time the clock ticks, like many others it's been a week and have not received an email confirmation of the order. I won't be holding my breath. Hopefully someday I'll get to post a picture of my Raptor. Hopefully my 2002 F-150 will hold up until then.

NMFB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a 2023 Raptor, so my long wait now begins. Dealer had me remove some options saying that if I keep them on it will take "longer", of coarse no idea of how much "longer" or how "long" it will be in general. They removed the spray-in bed liner, Tonneau cover, told me because of chip shortages, Ford has removed the heated steering wheel option. I can live without it, and add the other items later. Now in the mean time the clock ticks, like many others it's been a week and have not received an email confirmation of the order. I won't be holding my breath. Hopefully someday I'll get to post a picture of my Raptor. Hopefully my 2002 F-150 will hold up until then.

Well congrats, but to answer your question it all depends!

Some get their vin within a week, some 8 months later, some never get one. All depends on if your dealer actually has an allocation for you, and then when the Ford rep pulls that allocation into the system.

There's a lot of good and bad stories on this forum about it. But also a lot of great information to read through before your truck arrives. Best thing to do in the mean time is try not to think about it everyday like 99% of us haha.