New Member MA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhonatas88

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been reading your forum for a while now but I am a new member. I bought my truck new back in 2017 and it is about to hit 40K miles.
I love my truck and have had very little problems with it until now. I am hoping to share what is going on with my truck with you all.

Thanks JN

OP
OP
Jhonatas88

Jhonatas88

Reaction score
Good morning and happy easter.

Beginning of February I noticed a small amount of oil pooling on the left valve cover and brought it over to my local dealership on February 13th and I got the truck back on February 20th, "Found TSB 20-2315 pertains to this concern. Replaced all four phasers, reprogrammed PCM and rechecked with no further concerns."
On the same day I noticed oil pooling on the same spot and contacted the dealership about it, they looked over the problem and told me it was only residual oil not cleaned by the tech. About a month later I noticed more oil pooling on the same spot, brought it to the dealership on March 20th and I got the truck back on March 30th, "Replaced valve cover (part came with new gaskets and seals installed), and rechecked with no further concerns.".
Yesterday April 3rd, the truck was parked and running after a wash as I was drying it. When I got back into the truck the christmas lights were on (Power train Malfunction/Reduced Power), (Antilock Brake Fault), (Service Steering), (Pre-Collision Assist Not Available), (Park Aid Malfunction), (Restraints Indicator Lamp Warning) and many more, I also have no steering, no GPS, no 911 assistance, none of the buttons on the steering wheel work, no 4x4. Honestly too many to list.

I know everyone is familiar with the phasers and valve cover problems but I have not seen anything quite like what I am experiencing now. Does anybody have any idea of what might be going on?

Thank you.
JN

20210404_095001.jpg

20210404_094745.jpg

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
#OkItsNotaprius

the Christmas tree can be cause by a few things. being a ’17, you don’t have the live valve shock circuitry to worry about, but... I wonder if you had rodent damage to the wiring harness? Any evidence of rodents or critters under the hood or nearby? if so, worth a look.

OP
OP
Jhonatas88

Jhonatas88

Reaction score
Thank you, I will give that a shot and see if I can see any damage to the harness. I will have to get it towed to the dealership as I have no steering.

Should I be posting this somewhere else as this is a New Member check in thread?

Thank you again.
JN

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, check all the harnesses. I had a valve cover leak on my 2018. The oil had made its way into my oil pressure harness and was triggering a “low oil pressure” warning. Apparently the harnesses are made out of “soy”. At least that what I was told