New Member Intro from FL!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Robb27

Robb27

Reaction score
my mod experience thus far:
year 1 - wheels
year 2 - rebuild shocks
year 3 - icon stage 4 suspension, tires, wheels, fiberglass, bed cage, bumpers, lights, cut and plated firewall...
year 3 cont. - sell truck buy prerunner...

hahah
Hahaha sounds about right! Love the honesty from wheels to all out PreRunner! I get it too man- I was just watching the Texas and the Baja Raptor Runs on the tube, and its funny how the same trucks will return looking NOTHING like their first event!? From a mild tune Raptor with KM3's year 1, to all out titanium ladder bars, 8 foot long quad reservoir shocks, to coms in the cockpit year 2!!! I love it man and cant wait too see what the events are about either here in FL or other states!

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice very cool! I was actually born in ATL GA but grew up in Korea most of my life(Father was contractor for the Govmnt). Learned about suspension set up by racing my remote controlled Team Losi mini truck at various military bases as a kid. I was happy to learn that the same basic concepts converted to cars with camber, toe, spring and damper adj. I cut my teeth on my first financed car in 1995 which was a used '91 318is learning all about head rebuilds, suspension set up, etc. And now it runs full circle with my own GIANT rc truck- I love life man its crazy that way :)
Thats cool as shit, I have two HPI SS's. Learned all the in's and out's of a baja type truck and now I have the full size one. I Cut my teeth on a 66 Mustang coupe, saved up a ton of cutting grass when I was 13-14 to get her. Still have her in too!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice very cool! I was actually born in ATL GA but grew up in Korea most of my life(Father was contractor for the Govmnt). Learned about suspension set up by racing my remote controlled Team Losi mini truck at various military bases as a kid. I was happy to learn that the same basic concepts converted to cars with camber, toe, spring and damper adj. I cut my teeth on my first financed car in 1995 which was a used '91 318is learning all about head rebuilds, suspension set up, etc. And now it runs full circle with my own GIANT rc truck- I love life man its crazy that way :)
Did a lot of RC in the past. Good concepts you can learn. But these full size parts are way harder on the pocket book lol

2020LeadFootFL

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 212676

Hey FRF!

First time Raptor owner and actually first-time truck owner as well. I live in Tampa FL and picked up a ’19 CPO base model screw last Sunday and I love it more and more each day I spend behind the wheel. I am a car guy coming from past BMW M models and Subaru STI’s that I could track but also daily drive, so this is a new enthusiast world for me that I have always been curious about. I love to attend local cars n coffee events with my original M3, but do not see too many rigs that attend but some do. My older brother who lives in Dallas went from cars to overlanding several years ago, and told me it’s a change for the better so we will see! I joined my local Florida Raptor Fb club to check out upcoming events and look forward to learning what these trucks were built for. I like to approach mods with learning from the base and then finding out what is needed to make it better, so a few trail runs should help along with a day at the FIRM in Starke is what I plan to do this year as I have read that was a good time. So far I can tell it acts like my past Subaru’s with the OEM tune being uneventful and not linear at all with the transmission, so like the Subaru world, Cobb will help with that and a TCM will be involved too. Anyways I learned a lot form this forum pre-purchase about 2 months ago, so I hope to contribute pics and experience whenever possible. I also can’t wait to learn the capability of these rigs in their element! Here is a non-Prius pic for proof :p

Previous Subie & current M3:
View attachment 212677

View attachment 212678
Nice rig! Very similar story here. First truck coming from Corvettes and Cadillac CTS-V. Love my truck way more than I ever expected to.

Raptor_VA

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats! The mod bug is real. What started out in my mind as wheels and keep it stock has become and ongoing Notes list in my phone as a come across the now “must haves” on the forum.