New member in the market

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Savage69

Reaction score
Hey guys, new guy from California here. Looking to get into a Gen2 in the near future and came to get some insight. I've always been quick to mod my vehicles, what are some common first mods that people like to do to their trucks?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
it depends on what you want to do.

pavement princess or sand thrashing off road demon? Kiddie hauler or @ss hauler?
or a combination.

Lights are good first mods, but for my money, the stereo cries out for replacement. Figure $1500-2500 for DIY on an ’18 or newer. You can go with a behind the seat sub from Mobile Toys or if you’re not concerned about space in the cabin, under the seat for less money. see the audio forum for more.

If you’re going to do any off roading, the Rap is a not-so-svelte 5700 pounds, so quality off road gear is a must. Bubba Rope, straps, tree savers, come-along, deflators, compressor, first aid kits, etc.

lots of potential

OP
OP
S

Savage69

Reaction score
it depends on what you want to do.

pavement princess or sand thrashing off road demon? Kiddie hauler or @ss hauler?
or a combination.

Lights are good first mods, but for my money, the stereo cries out for replacement. Figure $1500-2500 for DIY on an ’18 or newer. You can go with a behind the seat sub from Mobile Toys or if you’re not concerned about space in the cabin, under the seat for less money. see the audio forum for more.

If you’re going to do any off roading, the Rap is a not-so-svelte 5700 pounds, so quality off road gear is a must. Bubba Rope, straps, tree savers, come-along, deflators, compressor, first aid kits, etc.

lots of potential

Appreciate the detailed answer, very fair points. It will mostly be a daily driver with some occasional offroading.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
ok, stereo, gear, some lighting - no need to go overboard, most off roading happens in daylight.