new member in the Hi Dez

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The barn was originally built for the owners' 3 horses. He lost the place in 2010. It sat vacant for 2 years before I found it. We completed the concrete floors, brought in 100A power, I'm finishing up one set of old school swinging doors on one side. There's a 8'×10' steel roll up going in on the other. 2600ga water tank outside, with pump equipment to be installed inside.
Nice piece of land. Can I move in, ha ha.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Good looking Gen 1 and that piece of land. I’d be tempted to install a small short course lol. Good looking pups too. I’m sure they have a blast out there.

Any major mods planned besides the maintenance items?

Enjoy the truck.

B Scott

Reaction score
Welcome to the place. I have an identical 2011 that I purchased with 70k miles three years ago. I did the shock exchange through Shocks by Hammer. With that barn, I’m sure you’ll be able to swap them out with ease. From the looks of the landscape you’re in the Antelope Valley. Enjoy the truck!60E3D424-E5A4-49EC-8711-CE6BF4B52E6B.jpeg

OP
OP
TomDirt

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. I have an identical 2011 that I purchased with 70k miles three years ago. I did the shock exchange through Shocks by Hammer. With that barn, I’m sure you’ll be able to swap them out with ease. From the looks of the landscape you’re in the Antelope Valley. Enjoy the truck!View attachment 335616

OP
OP
TomDirt

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in Hesperia, where there's no pavement within a mile, so we get some winter "obstacles" like the Pond out front. I just stepped up and ordered a Branick coil spring compressor so I can safely go to the mid-perch position. (I find that my only real indulgence is buying quality tools).. I am probably going to stay with the oem-style Foxes, (especially when you can get them brand new for $400 today), rather than spending 3x and 6 months on Kings. Upgraded uca's, and Deaver springs, too.

Attachments

• 20211216_083138.jpg
    20211216_083138.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
TomDirt

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any major mods planned besides the maintenance items?
The oem trans pan without a drain plug is just dumb, so when I remove it (and enjoy the free shower) I'm going to install the $10 Dorman drain plug. At least that way, the next time it gets drained you just remove the plug, come back in 30 minutes, and 99% of the fluid is in your collector and not on your sleeve.